A security and safety analyst has stated that the Ghana Police Service is not well resourced to investigate the authenticity of a leaked audio in the public domain suspected to be a recorded conversation between the deputy CID boss and musician Kwame Asare Obeng, popularly known as A Plus.
The deputy director of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), ACP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo- Danquah was heard in the audio appealing to A Plus to drop corruption allegations he had reported to the CID against the two deputy Chiefs of Staff; Francis Asenso Boakye and Samuel Abu Jinapor, prior to CID’s investigations.
A section of the public and political analysts have since questioned the CID’s report on the matter, especially as it termed A Plus’ claims as ” baseless and unsubstantiated.” Others also believe the deputy CID boss should be interdicted for misconduct.
But in an interview with Bright Amfoh on TV3’s news program “The Big One”, security expert Adam Bonaa said the police service cannot investigate the leaked tape since it is under resourced to do so.
“Unfortunately, that’s the reality. We have not resourced the police enough to investigate this leaked tape.”
Mr Bonaa contended that the posture of the CID on getting to the veracity of the audio leaves much to be desired.
“The police officer asked A plus to prove it. Why would she do that if they can investigate it? This means they have no resources. Unfortunately that is how the system is,” he continued.
The analyst stressed the need for the police to get a voice analyser to check the consistency of the voices on the tape and establish whether it was doctored or not, adding that “unfortunately they don’t have it.”
His revelation has given credence to the assertions of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) that the matter will die without any punitive action to any of those implicated in it.
- How far with A-Plus and his TPP?
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Ghanaians don’t value legends in the Arts Industry – A Plus
- BoG to use 5-months to destroy new Ghana cedi notes – A Plus claims
- You’re all ‘azaa’, sakawa journalists – A Plus descends on Sefa Kayi, Baako et al
- You’re an evil uncomplicated idiot – A Plus insults Asamoah Boateng
- Government must ban VGMA & Charterhouse – A Plus
- I Don’t Produce Songs For Drunkards – A Plus Reveals
- 7 Most Troublesome And Annoying Ghanaians
- Stop the ‘rubbish’! I have no investment with Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson fumes
- I Will Expose The Thieves In Akufo-Addo’s Government – Kwame A Plus Brags
- Kwame A-Plus petitions Special Prosecutor to investigate ‘corrupt’ Ursula Owusu
- Who invites someone over for a friendly chat at dawn – A Plus quizzes BNI
- BNI goes after APLUS; raids his home at dawn
- Don’t blame NDC for Kotoka terminal 3 flood – A Plus tells NPP
- Leaked Asenso, Jinapor corruption tape: Voice not mine- A Plus denies
- A Plus breaks silence on latest leaked tape
- My husband is honest – Wife of A Plus throws weight behind him
- CID questions A Plus, Agyapong