Former President Jerry John Rawlings has gone ballistic over the “uncivilized behavior” of citizens which he says, is responsible for the eyesores of filth constantly dotted over cities.
In his characteristic explosive speech where he mixes English and Ga, the former President choked as he struggled to comprehend the level of indiscipline in the country.
Open defecation persists in Ghana and despite the creation of a Sanitation Ministry, it is widely believed Ghana’s sanitation situation has not improved.
“This is retrogressive!” Jerry Rawlings screamed at a sensitization ceremony ahead of the construction of a mother and child center in Maamobi, a community in Accra
The former President said he had expected that with improvement in social infrastructure as a measure of development, there will be a corresponding improvement in public behaviour.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
But he has been disappointed. There has been a worsening public behaviour, he observed.
“Look at our roads and infrastructure…the universities,” he pointed to improvement in Ghana’s infrastructure since he left the scene as President in 2001.
He said while Ghanaians did not experience the volume of development in the past, they conducted themselves “in a very responsible and disciplined manner.”
“It was a better reflection of the quality of the human being,” a quality he found to be dying among the current generation of Ghanaians.
Rawlings complained of how Ghanaians are losing their lives in preventable deaths because medical professionals are growing lackadaisical.
He charged good nurses, doctors and medical professionals to bring their influence to bear on the bad nuts otherwise, they will destroy the good names within the profession.
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Understudy chiefs to appreciate value of truth – Rawlings to politicians
- Rawlings, Kufuor at ‘war’ again
- Rawlings lauds Pope Francis’s effort to resolve South Sudan conflict
- The real story behind the June 4 Revolution: Separating the facts from fiction
- Democracy has failed to contain corruption – Rawlings
- Rawlings urges Ghanaians to use Easter to reflect on how to keep Ghana clean
- Rawlings wants name cleared off “fake” Menzgold customers list
- Jerry Rawlings Unhappy About NDC’s Ghc420k Filing Fee
- JJ’s Mother Suggested Zanetor Was Another Man’s Baby – Nana Konadu Reveals
- Rawlings’ Lovely Tribute To Wife On Book Launch
- Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings shares her story in ‘It Takes A Woman’
- Rawlings delivers historic shortest message ever at NDC Congress
- MENZGOLD: Afia Schwarzenegger Reports Nana Appiah Mensah To Former President JJ Rawlings
- Who killed the 34 women? – Rawlings quizzes