The Vetting Committee for the 2019 GFA Elections will begin sittings on Thursday September 26, 2019 to vet aspirants who have passed initial screening by the Elections Committee (NC) following the close of nominations on Friday September 20, 2019.
At the close of nominations, 52 people filed to contest for various positions. The breakdown is as follows:
1. GFA President – 7 aspirants.
2. Premier League Representatives on Executive Council – 7 aspirants contesting for 5 positions.
3. Division One League Representatives on Executive Council – 9 aspirants contesting for 3 positions.
4. Regional Football Association Chairmen – 25 aspirants contesting for 10 positions in 10 regions (and 2 slots on the Executive Council).
5. Women’s Representative on Executive Council – 4 aspirants contesting for 1 position.
Out of the 52 people who filed their nominations, a number of them contesting for various positions, failed initial screening by the Elections Committee following their inability to satisfy all requirements.
The affected aspirants have been contacted and given up to 4 p.m. on Thursday September 26, 2019 to satisfy all requirements. Their nominations would be nullified if they fail to meet all the requirements by the deadline given them.
Meanwhile, due to the large number of aspirants, the vetting period has been extended to Friday October 4 to afford the Vetting Committee enough time to comprehensively screen all aspirants.
The NC wishes to express its appreciation for the cooperation of all stakeholders so far and wish to encourage continuous positive exhibition of the camaraderie necessary for the football reformation process being undertaken
We wish all aspirants well.
- Globacom Ghana pays $900,000 arbitration settlement
- LIVESTREAMING: GFA Presidential elections
- GFA forges ahead with elections today despite injunction threat
- GFA Elections: RFA Chairmen election takes place today
- Disqualified GFA Presidential candidates threaten CAS action, elections could be postponed
- 2019 GFA Elections: NC opens nominations; Check nomination fees and procedures
- Anas’ Tiger Eye PI Is A Criminal And Terrorist Organisation – Kwesi Nyantakyi Speaks
- SHOCKING: NAM1’s Zylofon Cash’s $10 million Premier League Sponsorship Contract Missing At GFA Headquarters
- PHOTOS: Anas dedicates international award for Number 12 expose’ to murdered Ahmed
- “Anas Demanded $150,000 From Me” – Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘exposes’ Anas in a 9 – Page statement
- Anas-Nyantakyi ‘scammers’ paid Prez. Akufo Addo $1M – Reports
- I’m not ready for GFA Presidency position – Kwabena Yeboah
- Anas exposé: GFA’s Kweku Eyiah, others to meet Gov’t over ‘crisis’
- It was $40k refund not $65k bribe – Nyantakyi set to challenge Anas
- Number 12: GFA’s Saani Daara accepts money to influence Black Stars selection
- Introduce term limits for GFA President – Jawula
- Kwesi Nyantakyi remains our President – GFA