President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo arguably will be remembered as one of the historic presidents in Ghana’s history under the fourth republic of Ghana. From allegations of he making attempts to alter the history of Ghana, to plagiarized speeches, and the making of education accessible to everybody through the implementation of the Free SHS program, are some deeds that will make his name remembered at all time.
The way and manner Nana Addo treated Ghanaians during the outbreak of coronavirus will also keep him in the good books of many who enjoyed free meals, free water and even free electricity. He will also be remembered by listening to Ghanaians on several occasions to end implementation of some policies that didn’t sit well with the citizens. He didn’t allow the payment of TV taxes, he dropped the parliamentary chamber, stopped the mandatory towing taxes, and many others.
Aside the above mentioned, the president has had his funny moments and instances that will forever be remembered. These are moments that have been connected to him. Wherever you see or hear them, it’s the name Nana Akufo-Addo that comes to mind. Below are some of them.
The President’s Infectious Smiles and Laughter
One funny and easy to notice feature of the president is his infectious smile. The smile, when worn by the president, makes him look sarcastic as though he mocks another person. The smile when seen, easily forces a laugh and smile out of the observer.
The same thing can be said about the president’s laughter. The whimsical nature of the president’s laughter will make one to also laugh uncontrollable. He went viral with a short video of exhibiting his unique laughs after he won the 2016 elections.
One could see how the NDC gets angry when they see the President put on these smiles and hilarious laughter.
View this post on Instagram
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The “They Said I am Shortingo” Speech
On one of his presidential visits to the Volta region of Ghana, the president Nana Addo Dankwa while addressing the people mocked his political opponent and all who doubted he could ever become a president because he was short. He said, “ they said I can never become president, hoh that short man, he can never. But today I stand in front of you the president of Ghana.” the speech became a viral social media video as most people laughed at the president’s sarcastic but motivating speech.
The Famous Spectacle of Akufo-Addo
It has become almost impossible to think of and picture the president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, without his historical spectacles. The spectacles which are worn by the president in almost every public appearance of is said to enhance the sight of the president. However, that doesn’t expound from thought how hilarious the president looks in it.
The funny nature of the spectacle has made it the choice of many Ghanaian comedians. Kumawood movie stars and comedians like Kwaku Manu, Akrobeto, Kwadwo Nkansah Lil Win, have all adorned a similar one to emphasize the funny nature of the spectacle.
The mere picture or sketch of the spectacles quickly reminds you of Akufo-Addo. Supporters of the New Patriotic Party have started printing T-Shirts with the spectacles being the only image on them. A sight of the image paints a picture of the president. There is currently a mad rush for the t-shirts and they are expected to be major campaign paraphernalia for the 2020 elections.
The “Fellow Ghanaians” phrase that precedes every speech by the president is becoming very famous and even remembered by most Ghanaians than the actual content of his speeches. Most comedians have used the phrase in the creation of their jokes. Comedians like DKB, Romanus, Nazir, have already used it in their comic skits.
The phrase has also been associated with funny WhatsApp statuses for comic reliefs. With the way things are going, the phrase would long be remembered by most Ghanaians.
It won’t be surprising that Ghanaians would use the phrase to make fun of him in the unlikely event of losing the 2020 elections.
Which of the above have you enjoyed most from the president? Is there anything else you are going to remember him for that wasn’t mentioned here? Share with us in the comment box below.
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- 4 times Nana Addo proved to be a listening President
- Would Akufo-Addo contest again in 2024 should he lose this year’s elections?
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Why is the President cutting sods for new projects? What if the NDC wins the 2020 elections?
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- How NPP has strategically secured over 2 million votes ahead of 2020 elections
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Akufo-Addo’s cabinet members go missing; sparks rumours of widespread of COVID-19 in the Jubilee House
- Akufo-Addo goes ‘missing’ in isolation; sparks rumours of coronavirus treatment
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- How corruption has dented Akufo-Addo’s high-earned reputation as a listening President
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- Who is telling lies; The President, Health Minister or Afia Pokua?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian politicians who have been to prison
- Seven NPP scandals that make John Mahama an angel with Airbus scandal
- Should Castro return today, these 4 things would be his biggest surprises
- How far with A-Plus and his TPP?
- 5 groups of people who should vote for NPP at all cost
- 4 groups of people who should vote for NDC at all cost
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- A Ritual? These Are NPP Bigwigs Who Died In An Election Year
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law