Rapper and singer EL has revealed that no Ghanaian artiste is making money from music.
According to the “Koko” singer in an interview with Showbiz, he disclosed that albums don’t sell and the money from shows too are peanuts so artistes make money from different deals.
“Music is just a means to an end. You cannot leave a legacy through music. It is actually the businesses you use your music for. How much can you sell an album or a song in Ghana? Any artiste who says he made a fortune only through music is a liar,” he said.
Surprisingly he also revealed that not even Sarkodie, Stonebwoy or Shatta Wale are getting money from shows.
“Forget about the shows because I have mounted every show in Ghana and they don’t pay that much. The money we get from shows are peanuts; it only lasts for a month or two”, he divulged.
“No artiste in Ghana can tell me he built a house or made a big fortune with an album or a particular song. I challenge any musician to come and contest me. It is how you direct your music into other businesses,” he added.
- Exposing private parts, and other 9 weird moments in the history of Ghana music
- No Rapper In Ghana Can Diss Me – EL Brags
- MUSIGA set for anti-corruption walk
- EL Drops Visuals For “Higher”
- EL Reveals Why He Is Not Ready To Manage Any Artiste
- VGMA Is Not Important To Me Anymore – EL Reveals
- Shatta’s Reign Album launch is the biggest in Ghanaian history – Rapper EL
- Sarkodie and EL’s Broken Friendship Irreparable