Burniton Music signee Barbara Naa Okailey Nyarko popularly known as Okaliey Verse (OV) has asked her critics to concentrate on her music and forget about her mode of dressing.
According to the Season 7 winner of MTN Hitmaker, she is a proud African portraying her culture.
She further stated that she is a musician and that the focus should be on her music works but not on her appearance.
“I am an artist and we are creative people, I think that should be of importance rather than how I appear. The cowries in my hair are not from outside, they belong to us right here so I represent us, our culture and Africa.
We should be allowed to do what will make us comfortable and when we are, it reflects in our delivery, as in the songs we churn out”, OV stated.
After OV shot to fame, she has received massive backlash over her mode of dressing and is mostly described as a tomboy.
Some are of the view that she is a lesbian but she has denied such claims explaining that it is her brand.
According to OV, Ghanaians should concentrate on her music and leave her alone.
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album