Ghana, in the last three years, has witnessed numerous crimes which for a brief moment made most Ghanaians feel the country had a security crisis. Crime witnessed ranged from bank robbery, snatching of cars, raiding of police stations as well as the assassination of some famous national figures.
Below is a list of most popular unsolved murder cases in Ghana over the last three years.
The Murder of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
Ahmed Hussein-Suale was a Ghanaian undercover investigative journalist and an associate of fellow Ghanaian investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas on the ticket of Tiger Eye IP. He died on Wednesday, January 16, 2019, when unknown assailants on motorbikes shot him three times, twice in the chest and once in his neck in his vehicle. After the murder of the investigative journalist, many called for the head of Hon. Kennedy Agyapong, as the member of parliament was captured live on national television asking people to assault Ahmed Suale wherever they see him. The murder of Ahmed Suale is still under investigation.
The Murder of Joseph Migal Jinjer
The late Joseph Migal Jinjer was a senior staff of the Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL). He was murdered by unknown assailants while travelling from the nation’s capital to his hometown in the Northern Region of Ghana. According to the family of the late official, the circumstances surrounding the whole death leave them with the conclusion that the death of their beloved was a contract killing but not a robbery. The murder case is still under investigation.
The Murder of the Prampram Mankralo
The Mankralo of Prampram, Nene Atsure Benta III, was murdered by some gunmen at Dodowa in the Shai Osudoku District on December 13, 2018. The ruler was returning from the Dodowa House of Chiefs, after a meeting when the gunmen opened fire at him.
The Murder of J.B Danquah Adu
J.B Danquah met his untimely death on the night of Tuesday, February 9, 2016, at his Shiashie residence in Accra. The accused murderer, Daniel Asiedu, popularly known as Sexy Dondor, and one other person Vincent Bosso, have been charged with murder and abetment of the murder of the late MP. The suspect, Daniel Asiedu, was arrested two days after the incident. Although the suspect is in police custody, a finality is yet to be brought on the issue.
The Murder of Kumawood Actor Abass
On November 7, 2020, it was announced that popular Kumawood actor Abass Nurudeen, commonly referred to as Blinks, met his untimely death after he was stabbed in a brawl. While the reports had been prominent on social media, details on the assassination had been sketchy. Police arrested a suspected in the case and nothing has been heard since.
- Kumawood Actor Bishop Bernard Nyarko Reported Dead
- J.B. Danquah Adu was killed because he had naked pictures of Mahama – Ken Agyapong alleges
- Abass Blinkz suspected killer remanded
- Boys of late Abass to seek revenge – Movie producer hints
- Abass killer has already killed 2 people – Actor’s girlfriend alleges
- Abass is a fool – Kumawood colleague says as he narrates his untimely death
- Friend reveals secret plan behind late Abass Blinkz’ death
- Shocking things you didn’t know about the late Kumawood actor Abass Blinkz
- Tears flow as Mother and Sister bid Abass Blinkz farewell
- Watch last video of the late Kumawood actor Abass Blinkz
- Bill Asamoah, Mercy Asiedu, Others Visit Family of Late Actor Blinks Ahead of Burial
- Blame Abass’ death on collapse of movie industry – Kwaku Manu
- One Tijani arrested over the murder of Kumawood actor Abass Blinkz
- Death of Kumawood Actor Abass Blinkz: What Asembi.com knows so far
- Death of Kumawood Actor Abass Blinkz: Photo of alleged killer hits social media
- Actor Abass Blinkz Confirmed Dead; Police Narrate Incident Leading To His Death
- Name of murderer of Kumawood Actor Abass Blinkz emerges
- Cause of the death of Kumawood actor Blinkz + More Photos
- Kumawood Actor Abass Blinkz dead; this is what happened
- Ghanaian actor Abass Blinkz stabbed to death in Kumasi