Five Dutch players are willing to play for the senior national of Ghana, the Black Stars, according to coach Kwesi Appiah.
He has been scouting for Ghanaian players abroad to augment his squad ahead of the upcoming 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The 58-year-old has visited the Netherlands and Belgium and is continue his scouting in Spain, England, France, Italy and Germany before ending his European tour.
“I have been visiting the players. I have been to Holland and Belgium. I have spotted about four to five players. I have seen them play a lot of times but I needed to see them and talk to them in person,” Appiah said, as quoted by Modern Ghana.
“Because some of them are willing to play for Ghana and others do not want to so you will have to see them and talk to them.
“Out of the five I have spoken to from Holland they are all willing to play for the Black Stars but there are some of them who have played for the junior national teams of Holland so we will have to do a nationality switch for them.”
Coach Appiah also disclosed that there are other players in Belgium who are also interested representing the nation.
“There are one or two players in Belgium too who want to represent Ghana… We will look at those who are playing top-flight football and are ready for the Black Stars,” he added.
Ghana are in the same qualifying group with Sao Tome and Príncipe, South Africa and Sudan.
- He is not good enough’ – Alhaji Grusah’s verdict on Kwasi Appiah
- AFCON Qualifiers: Kwasi Appiah sheds light on game plan in South Africa win
- Kwesi Appiah defends decision to play Alfred Duncan on left wing against South Africa
- 2021 AFCON qualifiers: Kwesi Appiah drops Asamoah Gyan, three others for South Africa game
- Coach Kwesi Appiah has fallen below standard – Fred Pappoe
- Kwesi Appiah has not met the required standards – Fred Pappoe
- Kwesi Appiah reveals five Holland-born players want to play for Black Stars
- Kwesi Appiah submits names of new technical members to NC
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- President Akufo-Addo invites Appiah over Gyan’s resignation
- Kwesi Appiah eager to make second AFCON appearance with Ghana
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Black Stars Coach Kwesi Appiah touch down in Cairo for AFCON draw
- PHOTOS: Black Stars player, Jonathan Mensah marries longtime girlfriend