Social commentator, Bernard Allotey Jacobs has revealed that President Akufo-Addo is struggling to fight corruption in his administration because of some financiers.
“When you are a leader and you are cornered; people push you . . . and that is how I see Nana; some people have financed him . . . you see where the President finds himself? So, his safe haven is to allow the institutions to work,” he indicated while contributing to Wednesday’s edition of Peace FM’s morning show ‘Kokrokoo’.
His comment comes on the back of an address delivered by the President at the Ghana Bar Association conference in Takoradi in the Western Region.
A portion of his address read: “it is not my job to clear or convict any person accused of wrongdoing, or of engaging in acts of corruption. My job is to act on allegations of corruption by referring to the issue or issues to the proper investigative agencies for the relevant enquiry and necessary action”.
“That is exactly what has been done since I assumed the mantle of leadership on 7th January 2017. If an appointee is cleared of any wrongdoing, the evidence adduced and recommendations made by these agencies, after the investigations are concluded, are what clear the accused persons, not myself. None of these agencies has ever indicated any pressure from the Executive over their investigations.”
- Sinohydro a very good deal – Allotey Jacobs
- I’m not a zombie to Akufo-Addo – Allotey Jacobs
- My heart still beats for the NDC – Allotey Jacobs
- I’ll deal with ‘small boy’ Sammy Gyamfi – Allotey Jacobs fires
- Akufo-Addo more than honest; not corrupt – Allotey Jacobs
- NDC leaders should move to ‘massage the grounds’ for Kwakye Ofosu – Allotey Jacobs
- Allotey Jacobs flaunts beautiful granddaughters
- Dumsor: Shut up and fix the mess – Allotey Jacobs to Energy Minister