Controversial lawyer, Maurice Ampaw is alleging that Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta in concert with the Bank of Ghana (BoG) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) deliberately closed down gold trading hub, Menzgold because it threatened the existence of his Databank.
Maurice Ampaw, his wife and family who have about GH¢1 million locked up with Menzgold, told Kumasi-based Abusua Fm that the company could not have said to be operating illegally when under the regulators it operated for over 5 years.
“Kwame, those saying Menzgold Company was operating illegally should refrain from the propaganda. Didn’t Menzgold pay tax and SSNIT to the government? Can a fraudster pay tax and SSNIT to the government? Government is aware of the Menzgold operation. The government, Bank of Ghana deliberately collapsed Menzgold Company because Menzgold operations was collapsing Bank of Ghana and Ofori Atta databank” he said.
He denied claims he did not do due diligence before lodging his cash with the company insisting that the regulators failed to do their job very well.
“I did due diligent at the Registrar General’s Department and the Minerals Commission so I was so satisfied. Therefore I increased my investment bit by bit then my confidence level increased as well”, he noted.
“I realized a company that has existed for about five years whiles it has operated under the watch of government, that was able to sponsor Premier League, who took the entertainment industry by storm, a company that could visit Asantehene with a Private jet. Somebody who has met President Nana Addo three times” nothing showed he was a fraudster.
- EOCO Chases Maurice Ampaw Over Menzgold Car
- Lawyer Maurice Ampaw In Trouble Over Refusal To Release NAM1’s Land Cruiser Prado To EOCO
- Menzgold saga: ‘Did you enjoy your profits with Akufo-Addo’? – Ken Agyapong questions Ghc760k Menzgold customer
- Lawyer Maurice Ampaw Cries Over His $1 million Investment Locked At Menzgold
- Menzgold Investors Hire Former GFA Lawyer, Amanda Clinton To Retrieve Locked Monies
- VIDEO: Afia Schwar Rains Insults On Hitz FM’s Crew For Interviewing Her Ex-boyfriend’s Mum
- Menzgold, and other top cases in court that you probably don’t know their status now
- FACT CHECK: Is Menzgold Spain registered as a construction company?
- NDC’s silence on activities of Independent Western ‘Togolanders’ worrying – Maurice Ampaw
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- Menzgold customers push for meeting to discuss new payment plan
- NAM1 addresses media today
- NAM1 under ‘urgent medical care over excruciating 9-month ordeal’
- ‘Antichrist’ Archbishop Dag Heward Mills must be arrested – Maurice Ampaw
- 2019 Mid-year Budget Review: Finance Minister to seek approval to spend more
- Policeman ‘cries’ on live radio over locked up retirement cash at Menzgold
- If NAM 1 meets bail he can pay customers – Samson Ayenini suggests
- Why is Otabil a free man whilst government keeps bothering NAM 1? – Maurice Ampaw asks
- SHOCKING AUDIO: Bessa Simons gets angry at Presenter who asked him to explain details of the MUSIGA -MENZGOLD Contract
- NAM 1 has shamed Kennedy Agyapong – Maurice Ampaw
- NAM 1 not in fresh trouble – MenzGold
- Dubai court upholds ruling in favour of NAM1, orders Royal Horison to pay $39m
- Stop kidding yourself; you need vigilante groups – Maurice Ampaw to NDC, NPP
- Insensitive Charter House ban of Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale too harsh – Maurice Ampaw
- Interest on loans for 2018 stood at GHC21.1bn – Finance Minister
- Ghanaians are tired of snoring Martin Amidu and his useless office – Maurice Ampaw
- NAM 1 in fresh trouble; not returning to Ghana anytime soon – INTERPOL confirms
- Interpol Red Alert: NAM 1 faces 25 years in jail over GHc5.4bn ‘fraud’
- Debt crisis looms if Eurobond not invested wisely – IMF report
- African celebrities are prone to STDs and HIV