With the advocacy for women empowerment and women in politics going on and gaining popularity, it is not surprising that most women have decided to take up state positions such as ministers, senators, judges and even presidents. We explore some female celebrities in Ghana who have expressed interest in becoming presidents.
Filmmaker and actress Yvonne Nelson has made it publicly known her intentions of becoming president in the nearest future. According to her, presidents over the years have cared less about the citizens and the development of the country as a whole since we gained independence in 1957.
She has shown much commitment to attaining this goal as she has already led a peaceful vigil called DumsorMustStop on May 16, 2015 to register their grievance on dumsor to the government. The hashtag #dumsormuststop was used on social media to amplify the concerns of Ghanaians with regards to the energy crisis.
Actress Princess Shyngle has professed interest in becoming a president of Gambia very soon. According to her post on Instagram, she revealed that she dreams of becoming the sexiest president of her home country and believes her dream will definitely come true.
This post came as a surprise to many of her followers since she has shown no interests in political issues prior to the post. This might not be a bad ambition after all, because women across the world are taking over higher offices.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Madam Akua Donkor expressed her ambition of becoming the president of Ghana and backed it with actions. She had already started campaigning for the 2020 general elections.
In her campaign for president, she stated that Ghana abounded with a lot of resources and should not be in an economic crisis, adding that she had solutions to the current economic downturn that the country was going through.
She has made it known that she is contesting in the 2020 polls and has selected a top journalist as her running mate.
Nana Konadu Agyemang-Rawlings
Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings has been deeply involved in the politics of Ghana for so many years. She was the first lady for eleven years under her revolutionary husband Jerry John Rawlings, and eight years of being a democratically elected first lady.
Considered as the most vocal and successful first lady, she was widely known for the 31st December Women’s Movement which transformed many rural areas with agro-businesses and other rural-based industries. She formed her own party (National Democratic Party – NDP) after she had issues with her former party (NDC).
Although she was nearly disqualified, she had her name on the ballot paper in 2016. She lost but still has ambitions of becoming Ghana’s president.
- List of 10 female running mates and presidential candidates of Ghana
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Who Have Been Brutally Assaulted By Their Boyfriends
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- 4 Top Ignorant Politicians in Ghana [OPINION]
- Sex-for-roles: Say no and walk away – Yvonne Nelson to upcoming actresses
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- Ghanaian politicians are only wise in opposition – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson and Nana Aba Anamoah ‘clash’ over Obrafour and Sarkodie
- Berla Mundi, Yvonne Nelson, Mcbrown get GOWA 2019 nomination
- Fans warn Yvonne Nelson about dating Nigerian actor Tobi
- Getting closer to God is the best thing that has happened to me – Yvonne Nelson
- It is my wish to be President – Yvonne Nelson
- Celebrities join ‘Stop violence against children’ campaign
- I’m no more with my baby daddy – Yvonne Nelson confirms breakup rumour
- Don’t let pressure push you to do bad things – Yvonne Nelson advises ladies
- I regret not taking schooling serious – Yvonne Nelson
- John Mahama is ‘wicked’ and a ‘nation wrecker’ – Akua Donkor fires ex-president
- Akua Donkor names Charlotte Osei as ‘most disrespectful’ and ‘arrogant’ EC boss ever
- Our leaders are killing us because we refuse to think – Yvonne Nelson
- Only weak minds see our wicked leaders as gods – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson snubs baby daddy on Fathers Day; celebrates single mothers
- Why Yvonne Nelson did not attend John Dumelo’s wedding
- Afia Schwarzenegger is one of Ghana’s numerous problems – Akua Donkor