Actress Belinda Dzattah has said although celebrities sometimes put pressure on themselves to live flamboyantly, society and some fans put too much pressure on them to do so.
The ‘Heels and Sneakers’ actress was speaking on the Class Drive on Class91.3FM on Wednesday, 6 November 2019.
She told show host Prince Benjamin that: “Sometimes, some of us (actresses) put pressure on ourselves, and some others, too, they make the society put pressure on them. Some of us put pressure on ourselves in the sense that: I’ll see what Prince is doing and I’ll want to do the same, forgetting that he’s Prince and I’m Belinda.
“And some of our fans or society, too, they expect too much from us. Someone will ask you: ‘This celebrity doesn’t go on vacation, she doesn’t do this’ and because they see actress A or Actor A going on vacation, posting pictures, they will be like:’Tthis one is richer than this’ but forgetting that sometimes the trips or whatever, maybe, it might be sponsorship. Maybe they have an airline that sponsors them to fly about. So me I don’t let that pressure get to me when I feel like I want to do it, I’ll do it, when I feel like it’s not in my desire to do it I’ll not.”
She stressed that fans expect too much from celebrities.
“…They force us, they expect too much from us because someone will see you, you’ll be on screen they expect you to do this, ‘I expect you to drive a so-so-and-so car, why are you driving a corolla? Why are you driving this, why are you driving that’, forgetting that we are human beings like them. You’ll sometimes read comments on your picture and you’ll wonder what have I done wrong.
“It’s you guys, they’ll be like have you seen her shoes, she’s a whole star, see the kind of shoes she’s wearing, the pressure comes from you guys,” the actress noted.
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- I’m not financially ready to marry – Actor
- Ghanaians too quick to judge – Victoria Lebene
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- I’ve frolicked with lesbians before – Actress Shugatiti confesses