Ghana’s entertainment industry has really come of age and contributed a lot to the economy. The entertainment circle has very great moments; some being interesting and others being very weird and strange. Let’s explore some interesting happenings in the entertainment industry.
Shatta Wale lost an award to Kaakie
On his resuscitation onto the Ghanaian music scene, Shatta Wale formerly known as Bandana was expecting his first-ever award as the Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year only to be shocked by the news that it’s been awarded to Kaakie rather. This clearly did not go down well with him as he caused a scene by angrily walking out of the auditorium where the awards ceremony was held.
Shatta Wale was condemned and trolled but that marked the beginning of his fruitful career.
Pataapa released diss song for Kuami Eugene
Arguably one of the funniest diss songs you’ve ever heard in the Ghanaian music scene. ‘Otetafo’ was Patapaa’s way of responding to Kuami Eugene’s comments against him. Patapaa was trolled but unlike Shatta Wale, Patapaa’s popularity began to decline.
EL awarded Artiste of the Year
The night of May 7, 2016 would go down in history as one of the memorable days for rapper EL as he was crowned the Artiste of the Year at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards. Not only did he walk away with the biggest accolade of the night, but he was also the Producer of the Year, Hiplife/Hip Hop Artiste of the Year among others.
Most Ghanaians least expected the rapper to win the award as it ended in a heated debate on social media and other media houses as the “Mina bopo” singer won the ultimate. Till today, music lovers are yet to come to terms with the Artiste of the Year title awarded to EL in 2006.
Raquel exposed her private parts
Raquel was identified as one of the female singers who exposed their genitalia live on stage in front of a crowd of over 2000, in the 2011 Decemba2Rememba (D2R) hiplife concert, on Christmas Eve at the main hall of the Accra International Conference Centre. The incident occurred when the “Sweetio” singer, dressed to kill in a sea blue silky straight attire appeared on stage without any panties and gave free viewing access to her chakadum whiles she was performing on stage.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Zylofon Cash . The Zylofon dream that was never realized
Zylofon Dream and Zylofon Cash are two initiatives Nana Appiah Mensah launched to help creatives realise their dreams by monetising their content on Zylofon Cash platform. Years after people were made to buy scratch cards to upload their works, the dream is yet to be realised. Shatta Wale is leading as the highest earner on the platform with a ridiculous amount.
KNUST students assaulted Mzbel
One of MzBel’s nightmares is that night at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology where she was sexually assaulted by a group of students. It took the intervention of Castro Da Destroyer to provide shelter for the hiplife singer and her dancers.
Stonebwoy pulling Gun at VGMA
2019 Ghana Music Awards was not pleasant to watch as two Ghanaian dancehall artistes were in a serious brawl. Shatta Wale was seen climbing the stage when Stonebwoy was being presented the award for the Dancehall artiste of the year, in line with that, the “Wogbejeke” hitmaker pulled out a gun to his defence which distracted the entire event.
Lumba told Lumba Jnr to change his name
Late Kwame Anokye Supremo shot to fame after mimicking legendary Daddy Lumba, hence choosing stage name Lumba Jnr. It appeared the highlife legend was not cool with his brand and therefore ordered the former to change it or face a lawsuit. Daddy Lumba eventually dragged the late Kwame Anokye to court for impersonation.
Appietus verse on Fiesta
One of the weirdest lines you’ll ever hear on a song was delivered by Appietus on Sarkodie’s ‘Azonto Fiesta’. These ‘unreal words’ were the talk of the town for many days. Appietus also featured in the in 5, 5 track ‘Muche Baya” with also a version of his unreal words.
Wendy Shay rashes infested butts
In 2018, Wendy Shay weirdest moment in the entertainment world was when she was seen showing her rashes infested buttocks when she mounted the stage at the 2018 Miss Ghana grand finale. Wendy Shay was not perturbed as she claimed the image was photoshopped by individuals with evil plans to destroy her hard work. Wendy Shay also made it to the list of Ghanaian celebrities caught faking hips and butts.
- After three years, Shatta Wale’s Gringo music video makes a laughable amount on Zylofon Cash
- Shatta Wale, Patapaa, others thrill Cape Coasters in sparkling Oguaa Fetu Afahye
- VGMA Insulted My Team And I In 2018 – Nana Yaa
- VGMA Insulted My Team And I In 2018 – Nana Yaa
- PHOTO: Patapaa Acquires A Lamborghini Car Worth $274k?
- Shatta Wale Knows I’m Handsome Than Him – Sumsum Ahuofe Brags
- Social Media Trolls Patapaa For Dreaming Too Big That He’ll Win A Grammy Award
- Rich Musician? This is how much Shatta Wale’s ‘GRINGO’ has made so far on Zylofon Cash
- Shatta’s Reign Album launch is the biggest in Ghanaian history – Rapper EL
- Shatta Wale sets record on Zylofon Cash
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian Celebrities Whose Talent Are Still Questioned
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Menzgold, and other top cases in court that you probably don’t know their status now
- 5 Ghanaian musicians whose career were killed by dumb decisions
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- SKIN BLEACHING: Ghanaian Celebrities Who Come To Mind
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies