President Nana Akufo-Addo has expressed his condolences to the families of those who perished in a plane crash Sunday.
The flight, Ethiopian Airlines 737 passenger jet, took off from Addis Ababa to Nairobi in Kenya but crashed shortly after taking off.
“On behalf of the Government and people of Ghana, I extend deep condolences and sympathies to the families of the deceased, and to Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, the Government and people of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in these difficult times,” Akufo-Addo wrote.
“May the souls of the departed rest in peace,” he added.
“LIKE ALL GHANAIANS, I HAVE BEEN DEEPLY SADDENED BY SUNDAY’S NEWS OF THE TRAGIC LOSS OF 157 LIVES, WHO PERISHED ON BOARD AN ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES FLIGHT FROM ADDIS ABABA TO NAIROBI, IN KENYA. 1/3— NANA AKUFO-ADDO (@NAKUFOADDO) 10 MARCH 2019”.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The airline confirmed that all passengers and crew on board the flight perished. They also published the list of all Nationals on the flight.
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: List Of Nationalities Onboard Released; No Ghanaian Onboard
- SCREENSHOT: Ghanaian Who Was Supposed To Be On Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Speaks
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- How Ghanaians reacted to Jet Li’s visit to Ghana
- How Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta and men of God ‘lied’ about the National Cathedral
- President calls for local content in media programmes
- Akufo-Addo must go, he’s too old – Blakk Rasta
- Ken Ofori-Atta turns 60; hangs out with Akufo-Addo, Duncan-Williams, others
- More airports coming – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo Addo should sack Creative Arts Minister – Angry Appietus charges
- The tale of the two ‘family & friends’, John Mahama vs Akufo-Addo
- Social media users claim Akufo-Addo is Ghana’s worst president so far
- Amb. Patten Calls for Diaspora Liberians’ Support
- Shatta Wale will beat unpopular Akufo-Addo in any election – Bulldog
- President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo receives his Ghana Card
- Kidnappings: Akufo Addo must publicly speak to security matters – Adam Bonaa
- Government gives away new Kotoka Airport to Turkish
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- REVIEW: President Nana Addo’s Performance After 2 Years In Office
- Why the last prayer for Ethiopian Airlines pilot was ‘different’
- Liberians face looming deportation deadline as Episcopal leaders join calls for leniency
- Pres. Weah and Government concerned about Liberians facing immigration challenges in the U.S., says Amb. Patten
- She fled Liberia’s civil war 24 years ago. Now Trump wants her to go back
- ‘I was raised an American’: Liberians await possible deportation from US
- Ph.D. student faces deportation to Liberia, where she has never lived
- Showboy handed 15-year sentence with six years to serve in custody – U.S media clarifies
- Employers Asked to Develop Clear Policy on Sexual Harassment At Workplaces
- VIDEO: The Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Was The Will Of God – Prophet Kofi Oduro Reveals
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Mum sensed daughter’s death
- VIDEO: Prophet Cosmos Walker Affran Vanishes During An Interview On Live Television