An Ethiopian Airlines flight on a regular schedule on the Addis Ababa – Nairobi route has crashed, the Ethiopian prime minister’s office said on Sunday morning.
“The Office of the PM, on behalf of the Government and people of Ethiopia, would like to express its deepest condolences to the families of those that have lost their loved ones on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 on regular scheduled flight to Nairobi, Kenya this morning,” the office of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed said on Twitter.
The Office of the PM, on behalf of the Government and people of Ethiopia, would like to express it’s deepest condolences to the families of those that have lost their loved ones on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 on regular scheduled flight to Nairobi, Kenya this morning.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
— Office of the Prime Minister – Ethiopia (@PMEthiopia) March 10, 2019
The airline’s spokesman told Reuters news agency 149 passengers and eight crew members were on board the plane when it crashed.
The March 10 Flight ET 302 was in schedule service from Addis Ababa to Nairobi when it crashed. The aircraft took off at 08:38am local time from Addis Ababa’s Bole International Airport and lost contact 6 minutes after.
Ethiopian Airlines said in a statement on Sunday that search and rescue operations are in progress and they have no confirmed information about survivors or any possible causalities.
The airline is yet to confirm the details of the 149 passengers and 8 crew onboard the flight.
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Mum sensed daughter’s death
- This is the Nigerian who died in the Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Ghanaians expected on crashed Ethiopian Airlines flight
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- Ghana finalizes agreement with GERC for $2.2bn Eastern railway project
- Why the last prayer for Ethiopian Airlines pilot was ‘different’
- VIDEO: The Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Was The Will Of God – Prophet Kofi Oduro Reveals
- BREAKING NEWS: UK Bans Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft From Its Airspace
- Plane Crash: God Was Drinking Beer With Satan When The Plane Crashed – Chris-Vincent
- Man missed doomed Ethiopia flight due to late connection
- Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash: President Nana Addo Mourns Victims
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: Prophet Cosmos Walker Affran’s Prophecy Comes To Pass
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: List Of Nationalities Onboard Released; No Ghanaian Onboard
- SCREENSHOT: Ghanaian Who Was Supposed To Be On Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Speaks
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Cape360 awarded at 2018 Central Region Tourism Awards; see full list of winners
- How to successfully apply for South Africa Visitor Visa from Ghana
- Nalerigu: What the capital of the newly created North East Region has for tourists
- Nigerians Travel To Ghana Just To See KIA Terminal 3
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi’s Regeneration Concert records impeccable performances in a marijuana-filled atmosphere
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi Botanical Gardens to host African Culture and Wellness Festival
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- START PACKING: Canada wants 1 million more new immigrants over the next 3 years
- U.S ambassador summoned over high rate of visa denials
- Passport forms now free and available online
- Free WiFi on board Dubai taxis
- Ghana’s tourism promoted by Shatta Wale’s Reign album launch
- Ethiopia to give all Africans visa-on-arrival
- 10 incredible drone photography shots of Western Region that will give you serious wanderlust