Asembi.com has sighted a report on Ghanacrusader.com indicating that the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) is after Lawyer Maurice Ampaw over a Menzgold car.
According to the report, Maurice Ampaw is still in possession of a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado belonging to the embattled gold dealership firm.
The report added that Maurice Ampaw is among six people, who are yet to surrender vehicles belonging to the beleaguered company, whose Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Nana Appiah Mensah, aka NAM1, is on trial in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) over an alleged scandalous $51 million deal involving an Emirati firm named Horizon Royal Diamonds.
Asembi.com noted that EOCO has given Mr. Ampaw and the other five persons up to February 15, 2019 to send the vehicles to EOCO’s head office or any regional office before February 15, 2019.
The report mentioned Raygan, who lives in Tema in possession of Toyota Corolla with registration number GE 7355; Clive Ofusuhene with Hyundai Elantra with registration number GE 6872-17 as others who are still holding onto Menzgold vehicles.
The rest are Christian, who is in Tarkwa with Hyundai i10 with registration number GN 5884-15, Okeyere in Kumasi; Hyundai i10 with registration number GN 9727-15 and the late Prince Blewuo, whose family is in possession of the Hyundai i10 with registration number GN 1662-16.
Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO) is said to be making headway in tracking properties of the company, including those of its beleaguered CEO.
Ghana Crusader reports that EOCO has managed to secure over 40 luxurious cars and a number of mansions belonging to NAM1, which could possibly be sold to settle his indebtedness to his customers.
Sources say EOCO has chosen to take swift action because it does not want any would-be claimants to start protesting that the properties in question belong to them.
This revelation comes at a time when EOCO has frozen the bank accounts of NAM1 and is said to be making frantic efforts to trace his other assets.
The accounts said to be with three different banks, have been frozen on January 14, 2019.
EOCO has appealed to the public to volunteer further information that will lead to the discovery of other properties of NAM1.
It is turning out that less than 5,000 people have their investments locked up with the embattled gold collectibles firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited.
Even though officials of the Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO) who are investigating the activities of Menzgold are tight-lipped, a source claimed there are 4,998 customers and not the estimated 46,000 as published earlier in the media.
- Menzgold customers push for meeting to discuss new payment plan
- MENZGOLD: Why NAM 1 was re-arrested, Interpol ‘involved’
- MENZGOLD: Ethiopian Plane Crash Prophet “hacks” Dubai Judicial system to free NAM1
- Databank is another Menzgold in waiting; SEC alerted
- VIDEO: Kumi Guitar Ventures Into Fashion Design After Menzgold Collapsed?
- MENZGOLD: “Redemption & Restoration Day” flyer fake
- VIDEO: NAM1 Released From Dubai Police Cells; Promises To Pay Menzgold Customers On April 15, 2019?
- Armed Robbers Storm Menzgold’s Dzorwulu Office; Steal TV Sets, ACs And Computers
- PHOTO: NAM1 Wishes Menzgold Customers A Happy 62nd Independence Anniversary From Dubai Police Cells?
- VIDEO: Menzgold Customers Chase NAM1’s Look Alike For Their Money At Anokye Supremo’s Funeral
- Has Menzgold CEO Nana Appiah Mensah (NAM1) won case in Dubai?
- Revealed: ¢200m locked up in Menzgold
- 2019 SONA: Nana Addo Snubs Menzgold Customers; Advises Them To Learn Lessons From The Saga
- Menzgold Customers Picket Today At Parliament As President Akufo-Addo Delivers 2019 SONA
- Exclusive Photos From Ongoing Menzgold Tarkwa Demonstration
- MENZGOLD SAGA: Customers In Tarkwa Hit The Streets To Demand Their Locked Monies
- MENZGOLD SAGA: Abeiku Santana And Others Visit NAM1 In Dubai Police Cells
- VIDEO: Stonebwoy Reveals Why President Akufo-Addo Is Silent On Menzgold Issues
- Lawyer Maurice Ampaw In Trouble Over Refusal To Release NAM1’s Land Cruiser Prado To EOCO
- MENZGOLD SAGA: Full List Of Customers Out Ahead Of NAM1’s Dubai Court Appearance
- MENZGOLD SAGA: NAM1 To Make Third Appearance In Dubai Court On Valentine’s Day
- MENZGOLD: ‘Brothers’ Of NAM1 Jailed 10 Years Each For Being Behind The Biggest Ponzi Scheme In Benin
- Menzgold saga: Banks chase customers who took loans to invest in Menzgold
- JUST IN: EOCO freezes NAM1’s bank accounts
- Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Attah Masterminded the Collapse of Menzgold – Lawyer Maurice Ampaw Alleges
- Lawyer Maurice Ampaw Cries Over His $1 million Investment Locked At Menzgold
- Menzgold, and other top cases in court that you probably don’t know their status now
- Bank of Ghana introduces GH¢100, GH¢200 notes and GH¢2 coin
- NDC’s silence on activities of Independent Western ‘Togolanders’ worrying – Maurice Ampaw
- We’re planning to ban rice importation by 2022 – MoFA