Actor Robert Nana Koduah says he has been denied a lot of acting and advertising opportunities after he ‘campaigned’ for former president John Dramani Mahama in a series of adverts prior to the 2016 general elections.
His chain of commercials at the time introduced popular and funny slogans like ‘Edey beee k3k3’ and ‘No abaabas3’, which urged Ghanaians not to go back for the NPP, which was then in opposition.
In an interview with 3news.com‘s Owusu Worae, the actor laments life has been difficult for him after shooting the advertisement.
“It was very hectic, calls here and there, messages threatening you and a whole lot…I lost a lot of friends and loved ones.”
He said brands and companies no longer want to use him for their commercials because of his endorsement in the advert, a situation he says is unfair to him and other actors and celebrities who go through similar situations.
“You know, the likes of Jay Z, Rihanna and what have you do endorse presidential aspirants in the United States. So why is it wrong in Ghana here? When an actor or musician endorses a figure, it becomes something.”
“Because of what I did, I have really lost a lot of gigs. It is too much, why will you not use me because I did an advert for a particular party when you know this guy is good for your product.”
Asked if he is open to shooting any more political commercials, Nana Koduah said as a professional, he will not turn down an offer to do what he loves to do best.
The actor shot a number of adverts for brands like Kasapreko, Tigo and a few others in the past, but he says business has been slow since his endorsement of the former president, who eventually lost the 2016 elections.
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- Is John Mahama on a promising spree because he still believes Ghanaians have short memory?
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Prof. Jane Naana Opoku? The Pros and cons put NDC in a tight corner
- Where are all the senior politicians in the NDC? The battle is no longer for babies
- John Mahama’s running mate announcement, and other important events coronavirus has affected
- Why John Mahama is bent on reversing the Public Universities Bill
- Analysis of the choice of Mahama’s running mate and its political consequences for the NDC
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- All what you need to know about the Universities Bill and why John Mahama has vowed to cancel it
- Can John Mahama win the elections with the same Green Book he lost with?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Election 2020: John Mahama or Nana Akufo-Addo?
- This is why Mahama is losing the 2020 elections
- Why President Nana Akufo-Addo will lose the 2020 General Elections to John Mahama easily
- Why John Mahama Would Win 2020 Elections
- The Death Of Atta Mills: Who bails the cat?
- Why one of these 3 would be John Mahama’s running mate
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Akufo-Addo and John Mahama shamed by international media
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- Nana Akomea jabs Mahama at Manasseh’s book launch
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- John Mahama wrote his resignation before Mills died – Manasseh’s book reveals
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding