Actor and politician, John Dumelo has called for more purchasing of locally made clothes.
This, he believes would create jobs and “instantly boost local production and position Ghana as a fashion and textile hub in the sub-region.”
In a post on Twitter, the NDC parliamentary candidate called for Monday to be added to Friday as a day for wearing locally made attire.
State institutions in Ghana and most private companies have set aside Friday to promote locally made clothes.
Workers are required to wear local textile prints.
But pushing for more, Dumelo wrote “To be honest, the Friday wear is not enough. We should add Monday to it. So twice a week we all should wear made in Ghana clothes.”
Dumelo has engaged in lots of philanthropic work lately, garnering support from the youth, on social media especially.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
To be honest, the friday wear is not enough. We should add Monday to it. So twice a week we all should wear made in Ghana clothes. This will instantly boost local production(create jobs) and position Ghana as a fashion and textile hub in the sub region. #idey4u pic.twitter.com/Qs6i0iYxrn
— MrDumelo (@johndumelo1) October 21, 2019
- John Dumelo pushes ‘borla’ truck for votes
- Nadia Buari plays with John Dumelo’s son on his birthday
- I’ve plans to establish something like Silicon Valley in Ghana – John Dumelo
- I am bankrupt – John Dumelo cries
- What Dumelo told Samini after he called on him to change the narrative
- Go and change the narrative – Samini tells Dumelo
- John Dumelo starts campaigning for 2020 elections
- NDC Primaries: 3 actors who won in their constituencies
- I will not stop acting when elected MP – John Dumelo
- Dumelo’s wife calls fan a ‘witch’ over wedding photo with her in-laws
- Is it your breast? – John Dumelo angrily jabs fan over wife’s sagging boobs
- Why Yvonne Nelson did not attend John Dumelo’s wedding
- All set for Dumelo’s white wedding; see photos from his wife’s bachelorette party
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Gify Mawunya was destined to marry John Dumelo and this is why
- Ghanaians who became celebrities because they married or dated celebrities
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities who have been accused of sexual misconduct
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them