German giants Borussia Dortmund have appointed former Ghana midfielder Otto Addo as their assistant coach.
Addo before his appointment was assistant manager at rival club Borussia Mönchengladbach.
The 43 -year old will join Dortmund’s technical staff next season.
Dortmund made the announcement on both Twitter and Facebook.
”Delighted to announce the return of former Borussia Dortmund player, Otto Addo, who will serve as an assistant coach focusing on youth development.” Dortmund posted on Twitter.
‘’Otto Addo will work in a newly created function as a talent coach in the interface between juniors and professionals. ‘’The club announced on Facebook.
The former Black Stars midfielder will be responsible for the promotion of youth players into the first team.
He won the Bundesliga title with Borussia Dortmund in the 2001/2002 season.
Addo spent six seasons at the Signal Iduna Park making 75 appearances and scoring 11 goals.
- Bayern Munich feeling pressure in Bundesliga title race
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Schalke 04 offer €7 million to re-sign Ghana youngster Tekpetey
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Ghana’s prospect Schindler set to join newly promoted Bundesliga club FC Koln
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- Fortuna Düsseldorf and Mainz 05 show interest in Ampomah
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- Ribery confirms Bayern Munich exit
- Hazard set to join Borussia Dortmund
- Hannover 96 interested in Adjei-Antwi
- Dortmund Sports Director explains Otto Addo’s appointment
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Kovac confirms training ground brawl
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Partey committed to Atletico Madrid amidst transfer rumours
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana’s two angels: An insult to their congregations
- SECURITY ALERT: Prophet Stephen Kwadwo Adom – a threat to public safety
- CUSTOMER CARE: Is Opportunity International Savings and Loans next to Midlands?
- Death and the politics of tribute in Ghana: Focusing on the Akan