Special Prosecutor, Martin Amidu, has slammed his critics who say he has not met expectations in the fight against corruption, saying that so many constraints and limitations have been put in his way.
“You don’t tie my hands behind me and say I am a poor boxer,” he explained to veteran journalist David Ampofo in a yet to be broadcast interview for the Time With David show.
Upon the establishment of the Office of the Special Prosecutor more than a year ago, Martin Amidu was appointed as the first Special Prosecutor by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
His appointment was hailed as a formidable step in the fight against corruption but after over a year in office, many in and out of Government have criticised him for inaction wondering why he is still yet to prosecute a single case
Recently the Communication Director of the governing New Patriotic Party(NPP) and MP for the Adentan Constituency, Yaw Buaben Asamoah, urged Martin Amidu to stop complaining about interference in his work and go ahead with prosecution.
Martin Amidu had complained about lack of cooperation by some heads of institutions, and interference in his work. But Yaw Buaben Asamoah hit back, denying any such interference or noncooperation.
However, Martin Amidu has maintained that his work is being inhibited, adding that leadership is not taking the needed action in the fight.
“You can’t fight corruption, without the leadership cracking the whip,” he noted
Mr Amidu furthers states that he is ready to lay down his life in the execution of his duties.
“At 68, I don’t care if they take me out,” he affirmed.
- Where is Martin Amidu?
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- I can’t get my GH¢180 million budget – Martin Amidu cries out
- I’II resign my job and campaign for Amidu, Domelevo ticket in 2020 – Braimah
- Speaker of Parliament tried to persuade me not to prosecute MPs – SP
- Amidu sues AG for not retrieving €47m judgment debt illegally paid Waterville
- Amidu is a ‘Special Letter Writer’ not Prosecutor- Suhuyini jabs
- Amidu takes on CID over ‘scandalous’ non-cooperation in $15m case
- Our client didn’t defame you, he won’t apologize – Ato Forson’s lawyers to Amidu
- Amidu demands apology from Ato Forson over ‘defamatory’ judgement debt claims
- Retract and apologise for your defamatory comments – Amidu to Ato Forson
- NPP and NDC members waiting to jubilate over my sack – Martin Amidu
- Those persuading me to resign are ‘corrupt’ – Martin Amidu snarls
- I’ll soon catch up with you – Amidu to state looters
- ‘I consulted no one over SP job’ – Amidu denies ‘hallucinating’ Asiedu Nketia claims
- Don’t test me – Amidu warns Buaben Asamoa
- Sack me – Martin Amidu dares NPP
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Amidu complaining too much, nobody is stopping his probe – Buabeng Asamoah
- Martin Amidu on his way out, set to rejoin NDC
- Amidu laments interference by civil society heads in his work
- Heads of institutions hindering fight against corruption – Martin Amidu
- Amidu threatens to sue over frustrations from heads of institutions
- ‘Heads of institutions wantonly disregard statutory requests’ – Martin Amidu
- Amidu chases Ayariga in Bawku
- Parliament suspends sitting to determine whether Ayariga should meet SP in court
- H K. Prempeh, Kwaku Azar challenge Ayariga over Martin Amidu’s invitation refusal
- NDC’s Suhuyini likens Special Prosecutor to ‘some bulldog’
- Baako suspects Amidu of pursuing a personal feud with Ayariga’s prosecution – Kweku Baako
- Is Martin Amidu the champion of ‘leaks’ punishing for ‘leaks’? – MP asks