National Democratic Congress (NDC) members in the Ashaiman Constituency have reportedly been living in fear in the past few weeks over some high-profile deaths recorded by the party in the area in recent time.
Checks conducted by The Ghana Report indicates that the largest opposition party in the country has lost six members; including five branch chairmen and a parliamentary aspirant, Emmanuel Max-Voy within the last two months.
The development, has become a source of worry for the incumbent Member of Parliament (MP) for the area, Ernest Norgbey and his Constituency Chairman, Tony Afenyo.
Speaking on the sidelines of a ceremony to observe the one week passing of Max-Voy, the MP expressed worry about the rate at which members of his party, the NDC, were dying in the constituency ahead of next year’s general election.
“Politics is won with numbers and if our people are dying at this crucial time when we are preparing for a major election in 2020, then it is really difficult for us,” Hon. Norgbey remarked.
He urged party sympathizers to be united in this difficult moment and work together towards the NDC’s victory.
The Constituency Chairman also indicated the party was in difficult times with the manner in which members were losing their lives.
Mr. Afenyo urged party members to pray for the NDC in the constituency and at the national level as well and desist from engaging in all forms of speculations and unsubstantiated claims regarding the deaths that have hit the party.
Some party members who decided to speak to The Ghana Report were at a loss as to why six members of the party in the constituency had lost their lives in such a short period of time.
“I think there is more to these deaths than we can see with our naked eyes. It is not sheer coincidence…I believe something is happening that is why our people are just dying,” Kobena Ebo, a sympathizer said to The Ghana Report.
The NDC will hold primaries across the country on August 24, 2019 to select parliamentary candidates to contest the 2020 general election.
The party has suspended its primaries and all politically related activities within the Ashaiman Constituency following the passing of Emmanuel Max-Voy, one of the contenders for the parliamentary primary.
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Reasons why the NDC opposes the compilation of a new Voters Register
- NDC won’t disclose manifesto now – National Youth Organiser
- SHS headteachers, officials of GES now in bed with failed NPP govt – NDC cries out
- NDC executive assaulted at Kyebi over Okyenhene insult
- NDC dissociates from comments against Okyenhene
- Akyem Abuakwa Traditional council demands apology from NDC
- Full list of winners and losers at NDC parliamentary primaries
- Businessman wins Techiman South NDC parliamentary slot
- NDC Race: Evalue Gwira NDC exposes faceless journalist
- 4 file to contest Dome Kwabenya NDC primary
- 8,000 students set to graduate from NDC school
- With or without court injunction we’ll still demonstrate – NDC to defy court order
- NDC to embark on ‘Ye npene/Baa mu yada’ demonstration against EC on Monday
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar
- NPP planning to sacrifice 3 kidnapped T’di girls for rituals in 2020 polls – NDC alleges
- NDC launches door-to-door campaign for 2020 polls
- Second militia disbandment meeting Monday
- ‘I keep receiving death threats from callers’ – Sister of stabbed NDC supporter
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Reverend Owusu Bempah Is A Biased Prophet – John Mahama
- BREAKING: Former NDC Chairman Dr Kwabena Adjei is dead
- NPP/NDC Politics Has Taken Over My Church – Duncan Williams Laments
- NPP MP’s Sleeping With NDC Women – Haruna Iddrisu Reveals
- Afia Schwarzenegger Suggests Akua Donkor Should Be Caged Like A Monkey
- VIDEO: John Mahama Will Lose 2020 Elections Just Like Nigeria’s Atiku – Owusu Bempah Predicts
- VIDEO: Tracey Boakye Twerks For John Mahama For Winning NDC’s Flagbearership Race
- BREAKING: Kennedy Agyapong Releases Audio Of NDC’s Plan To Kill Dr Bawumia – AUDIO
- VIDEO: President Akufo-Addo Is A Disappointment To Ghana – Kumawood Actor