Some £87,135 ($108,000) has been raised as a “starting point to support the immediate family” of a Ghanaian pregnant nurse who died of coronavirus in the UK.
Mary Agyeiwaa Agyapong, popularly known as MaryMo, passed on a week later after she was admitted to hospital on 7 April for Covid-19.
A hospital trust spokeswoman said the nurse’s “child was doing very well”.
The Gofundme fundraisers, Rhoda Asiedu, Gloria Gyan and Wendy Addai, say “it is humane” for Mary’s family to be taken care of in “this heavy and trying time”.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The fundraiser has overdone its target of £2,000 and had raised £87,135 as of 0900GMT April 16, 2020.
A former colleague at work said Mary devoted her life to the NHS as a nurse.
Renai Mcinerney wrote: “Sister Mary was my colleague, I worked alongside her for a few years.
“She deserves her family to be looked after, after she devoted her life to the NHS as a nurse.
“It’s time to look out/after our own and return the selflessness persona Mary carried and give something so small, but so big to her family in this time of need. RIP sister Mary!”
Mary, 28, was survived by a husband and “little Mary”, who was delivered through a C-section.
- KNUST Coronavirus Test Kit: Was it a hoax?
- Young Ghanaians Who Have Died of Coronavirus
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Notable Ghanaians who have died of coronavirus
- NPP members who have died of coronavirus
- List of all Ghanaian politicians who have recovered from COVID-19
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law
- Popular Ghanaians Who Have Recovered From Coronavirus
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities Who Are Still Stranded Abroad
- CORONAVIRUS FIGHT: Will Ghanaians reward the NPP or show them the exit in the 2020 elections?
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- Akufo-Addo’s cabinet members go missing; sparks rumours of widespread of COVID-19 in the Jubilee House
- Akufo-Addo goes ‘missing’ in isolation; sparks rumours of coronavirus treatment
- Coronavirus: Ex-President Kufuor and wife admitted at UGMC
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- Coronavirus: Was Gary Al Smith discharged just to stop him from exposing the government further?
- John Mahama’s running mate announcement, and other important events coronavirus has affected
- Astronomical rise in Ghana’s COVID-19 recoveries met with scepticism
- Coronavirus in Ghana: Live Updates of COVID-19 cases in Ghana