2020 is a year everyone will definitely love to hate. The bad news it has come with is amazingly overwhelming. And it reached its peak after the onset of the coronavirus. Quite a number of people have died because of the virus, and it is as though all and sundry have programmed their minds for “the next bad news”.
That notwithstanding, there’s always a reason to smile, and one of the incidences which put beams of smiles on the faces of people is the birth of a child. And especially in this problem-filled year, giving birth is one of the most welcoming news.
In Ghana, the birth of a child is a joyous occasion. Children, in the Ghanaian context, represent status, wealth and the continuation of a lineage. Pregnant women are therefore given special treatment. These pregnant women are also considered to be fragile and to some extent, vulnerable to prying evil spirits.
Carrying a baby for 9 months is definitely not a joke, and so we’ll look at some celebrities who have given birth in 2020.
The actress operated a bit silently, there was not much news of her pregnancy. She already had one son whose father is Yahaya Mohammed. So far, she has done a yeo man’s job in concealing the identity of her baby girl whom she ‘outdoored’ to the media on June 3, 2020.
She posted her daughter’s photo on Instagram and captioned it, “Just believe in God, go on your knees and cry on him, tell your problems with Faith, and he will answer your prayer”. She also revealed that her daughter’s name is: Lucille Nana Akua Nhyira.
During the institution of Ghana’s lockdown, Sarkodie together with his wife, Tracy and first child, Titi were ‘stranded’ in the United States of America. They stayed there for about three months. After pleas for Ghana’s borders to be opened from Sarkodie, President Nana Addo, via an evacuation exercise, made it possible for stranded citizens in foreign countries to be repatriated back home into Ghana.
In June, Sarkodie, Titi and Tracy together with some other Ghanaians who were reportedly stranded in the UK were evacuated into Ghana. Tracy announced their arrival via Twitter where she wrote; “Welcome to Ghana. @Sarkodie and myself with Titi have arrived in Ghana. Thank God for travelling mercies”.
However, fans who were at the airport took pictures of Sarkodie and his family. In the photos which were wildly circulated online, Titi was standing next to Sarkodie whiles Tracy held a new baby.
The sight of the new baby generated some confusion amongst fans because earlier on, Sarkodie denied rumours that he was set to welcome a second child.
LOL! King Sark just swerve we all.
The actress and her husband, Eugene Nkansah, welcomed their first child in June 2020 after their highly publicized marriage in June 2019.
However, Victoria and her husband ensured that they kept the pregnancy out of the prying eyes of the public. Eugene Nkansah is a blogger, so he definitely knows how to prevent news from spilling onto the public domain.
Victoria made the announcement of the birth of her child via Instagram . She said that she gave birth to a girl on Monday, June 29, 2020.
Following the birth of her first child, this is what Victoria had to say; “This is my testimony after a year of marriage, I am so elated to welcome my first bundle of sweetness. After a long wait in months, the process of excruciating pain and expectations of what baby looks like. I am fully grateful to God for seeing my husband and I through to the safe arrival of a beautiful baby girl”.
The “Nothing I get hitmaker”, Fameye who is also famed as a result of his rendezvous with his then manager, Ogidi Brown is also one of the celebrities who had a child this year.
In an Instagram post dated June 11, 2020, Fameye carried his son, Arvid Fameye Asuah Nyame Jnr amid the caption, “Father bless me and my family @arvid_jnr_fameye my superstar you will be great @_ohemaa_”
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Video: Eagle Prophet Is Not My Baby Daddy, DNA Can Prove – Gloria Kani Responds To Fake News
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who have hit rock bottom
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 30 Photos of GMB 2020 co-host Anita Akuffo that are causing stir online
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- 4 Richest young celebrities in Ghana
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents