Black Stars head coach Kwesi Appiah has fallen below standard since taking over the team for the second time, according to Ghana Football Association (GFA) Presidential hopeful, Fred Pappoe.
The 58-year-old guided the team to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt but got knocked out in the Round of 16 after losing on penalties to Tunisia.
Coach Appiah came under a lot of criticisms following the performances of the Stars at the tournament.
Speaking in an interview with Bernard Avle on “The Point of View” on Wednesday evening, Pappoe disclosed that Appiah had not met his full expectations.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“To the extent that Ghanaians expect to win every game they play, [Black Stars coach] Kwesi Appiah has fallen below the standards expected,” he said.
“I also think that the circumstances Kwesi Appiah is working under need to be looked at. All the same, I believe he still has a bit more to offer Ghanaians.”
Coach Appiah and lads will face South Africa in the 2021 AFCON qualifiers which commences on November 11 at home before playing Sudan on November 15.
- Kwesi Appiah has not met the required standards – Fred Pappoe
- He is not good enough’ – Alhaji Grusah’s verdict on Kwasi Appiah
- AFCON Qualifiers: Kwasi Appiah sheds light on game plan in South Africa win
- Kwesi Appiah defends decision to play Alfred Duncan on left wing against South Africa
- 2021 AFCON qualifiers: Kwesi Appiah drops Asamoah Gyan, three others for South Africa game
- Opinion: Likely results of GFA Presidential and Exco elections
- Fred Pappoe reveals why he left his role as GFA vice president in 2015
- Five Dutch players want to feature for Ghana – Coach Kwesi Appiah
- Kwesi Appiah reveals five Holland-born players want to play for Black Stars
- Kwesi Appiah submits names of new technical members to NC
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- President Akufo-Addo invites Appiah over Gyan’s resignation
- Kwesi Appiah eager to make second AFCON appearance with Ghana
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Black Stars Coach Kwesi Appiah touch down in Cairo for AFCON draw
- PHOTOS: Black Stars player, Jonathan Mensah marries longtime girlfriend