The Blues left-back is set to return from his injury-hit loan spell with the Bundesliga giants and he could now be heading to Spain.
Villarreal and Girona have spoken to Chelsea about signing Baba Rahman on loan as he is set to cut-short from his Schalke loan spell early, Goal understands.
Rahman spent more than a year out injured after tearing his cruciate ligament at the African Cup of Nations with Ghana; an injury which has had a sufficient impact on his 18-month loan spell at the Bundesliga club.
The 24-year-old is looking for a six-month loan deal to revitalise his career and is currently fit to play despite only appearing for 327 minutes this season.
Chelsea are keen to recall him but they are currently well-stocked in the left back position, with both Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri battling it out for a spot in Maurizio Sarri’s defence.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Rahman was a £21.7m signing from Augsburg when he joined the Stamford Bridge club in August 2015, but he has yet to make the sufficient impact, having made only 23 total appearances for the Blues.
The defender is seen as an option to help Villarreal steer away from the Liga relegation zone, while Girona are outsiders for a Europa League spot.
Michy Batshuayi is also being touted around by Chelsea over a lack of game time at Valencia, having often found himself on the bench too often for the Spanish club.
Crystal Palace have rejected the chance to sign Batshuayi, who will target playing for as big of a club as possible, having made a big impact on loan with Borussia Dortmund last season.
The Belgium international scored nine goals in 14 appearances for the current Bundesliga leaders last season, but has only managed three in 18 matches for Valencia.
U.S. national team defender Matt Miazga will also look to end his loan deal at Nantes early in the January transfer window after a change of coach stunted his promising start at the Ligue 1 club.
- Hazard joins Real Madrid for €100 million
- Inter Milan confirm Conte as new head coach
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- Chelsea beat Arsenal to lift Europa League trophy
- Morata vows never to return to Chelsea
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- Sarri heaps praise on Hazard ahead of Europa League game
- ENGLISH CARABAO CUP: Man City Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win Trophy
- JUST IN: FIFA Bans Chelsea From Signing New Players (DETAILS)
- ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE: Aguero’s historic hat-trick humiliates Chelsea
- European Transfer: Christian Pulisic joins Chelsea from Borussia Dortmund for £58m
- Hazard undecided on future
- Boxing Day: Betting tips for English Premier League
- CARABAO CUP: Chelsea sinks “stubborn” Bournemouth whilst Arsenal lose at home to Hostpurs
- First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo receives signed jersey from Chelsea’s Hazard