Chelsea thrashed Arsenal 4-1 in the Europa League final at the Bakı Olimpiya Stadionu in Baku on Wednesday night for Maurizio Sarri’s first major trophy with the Blues.
France forward Olivier Giroud put Chelsea in front in the 49th minute before Pedro doubled the lead in the 60 th minute.
Chelsea sustained the pressure and were awarded with penalty in the 65 th minute after Ainsley Maitland-Niles bundled into Giroud’s back which Eden Hazard converted perfectly
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Nigeria winger Alex Iwobi pulled one back in the 69 th minute to give the Gunners a glimmer of hope but Real Madrid-bound Hazard sealed the victory in the 72 nd minute.
Eden Hazard became the first player to score a brace in the final of a major UEFA competition for an English club since Mark Hughes for Manchester United against Barcelona in the 1991 Cup Winners’ Cup final
Arsenal’s Petr Cech played in his final game as a goalkeeper and has decided to call time on his career.
The last time Chelsea won the UEFA Europa League was in 2013 and became the fourth club to win all three main UEFA club competitions.
- Sarri heaps praise on Hazard ahead of Europa League game
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Boxing Day: Betting tips for English Premier League
- CARABAO CUP: Chelsea sinks “stubborn” Bournemouth whilst Arsenal lose at home to Hostpurs
- Hazard joins Real Madrid for €100 million
- Inter Milan confirm Conte as new head coach
- Morata vows never to return to Chelsea
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Adebayor talks about Arsenal’s challenges
- Ghanaian prospect Eddie Nketiah hits brace for Arsenal U23 side
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- Ghanaian-born Eddie Nketiah makes Arsenal squad for Europa League clash against Napoli
- Ghanaian Footballer, Emmanuel Frimpong Retires From Football
- Abou Diaby Announces Retirement From Football
- ENGLISH CARABAO CUP: Man City Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win Trophy
- JUST IN: FIFA Bans Chelsea From Signing New Players (DETAILS)
- ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE: Aguero’s historic hat-trick humiliates Chelsea
- ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE: Sergio Aguero Hat Trick Sinks Arsenal
- European Football Transfer: Aaron Ramsey agrees five-year deal with Juventus worth £36m
- European Transfer: Christian Pulisic joins Chelsea from Borussia Dortmund for £58m
- English Premier League: Arsenal beat Fulham to lift top-four hopes
- Chelsea defender Baba to end Schalke loan early as La Liga clubs circle
- English Premier League Preview: Betting tips and match predictions
- Hazard undecided on future
- Boxing Day English Premier League Wrap: Manchester City’s woes continues as Liverpool go six points clear at the top
- European Matches Preview: Betting tips; team news and predictions for Saturday 22nd December, 2018
- First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo receives signed jersey from Chelsea’s Hazard