Managing Editor of the New Crusading Guide, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako has backed government’s claim that no foreign institution was involved in the rescue of the two Canadian women who were kidnapped in Kumasi earlier in this month.
Speaking on current affairs show ‘Newsfile’ on JoyNews, Kweku Baako revealed that even though some foreigners were in the country in relation to the kidnapped Canadians, the rescue took place before they could get involved.
According to him, the reported Canadian team of experts that had come to assist with the rescue mission was actually a UK insurance team which had been contacted by the victims’ families to have negotiations with the kidnappers over the ransom.
He stressed that there were no talks of ransom between the kidnappers and the government of Ghana.
“The UK team that came down…belonged to a certain life insurance entity and they had come with the mission to negotiate with the kidnappers,” he said.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He added that “this UK team that came that were interested in negotiating relative to anything concerning ransom did not even get the chance to negotiate with the kidnappers”.
Kweku Baako further revealed that the only Canadian who came into the country over the kidnap, was Canada’s Security Coordinator for Africa who is based in Morocco and he arrived a day before the rescue operation.
“He had practically no role to play and indeed when the rescue happened, he was surprised and went to the National security to express his gratitude”.
He also stated that the enhancement of the CCTV footage showing the kidnap vehicle was not done by the Canadians as has been reported.
“The enhancement was done by Ghanaian national security, it had absolutely nothing to do with the Canadians.”
“So strictly speaking the minister was right when he said there was no foreign assets involved in operation which colonel would say tactical aspects and also not involved in intelligence gathering,” he confidently added.
- Can Kennedy Agyapong swallow his pride and apologise to Kweku Baako as the court has ordered?
- Stop ranting and have my support – Baako assures embattled Auditor General
- Alajo ‘coup plotters’ have a huge hurdle to cross – Baako
- ACP Agordzo is bold and I like him – Kweku Baako Jnr
- PDS Termination: Akufo-Addo faced opposition from his own ‘colleagues’ – Kweku Baako
- NDC’s phobia of recollecting negative history amounts to intellectual cowardice – Baako fires
- Akufo-Addo’s government ‘sucks’ at communication – Kweku Baako
- Security agents joined coup plotters and exposed them – Kweku Baako reveals
- Bawumia never said government won’t borrow – Baako to Suhuyini
- Nzema Youth descend heavily on Kweku Baako, call him ‘NPP propagandist
- Stupid man like you, ugly fool – Owusu Bempah blasts Kweku Baako
- NDC alarm over guns importation diabolic and mischievous – Kweku Baako
- Akufo-Addo gov’t doing better than Mahama did – Baako backs Bawumia
- Bawumia is NDC’s main headache – Baako