Hon. Kennedy Akompreko Agyapong, a business mogul, maverick politician and a loudmouthed member of parliament has carved a niche for himself as the most outspoken Radio and Television Commentator currently. He takes on anyone who disagrees with him and goes to the extreme to make his point. He fights everyone he deems corrupt, uncouth, stupid, regardless of who the person is. He is on record to have attacked notable persons of high social standing. He has used unprintable words on people like Fmr. President Jerry John Rawlings, Fmr. President John Evans Atta Mills, Fmr. President John Dramani Mahama and the former Inspector General of Police COP/Dr. John Kudalor. He is also on record to have branded the whole New Patriotic Party as idiots – a party which he belongs to have not been spared from his verbal diarrhoea.
On April 16 2012, he was arrested and prosecuted for allegedly declaring a civil war against Akans and Ewes. He got lots of supporters from some members of his party to demand for his release, which happened days after his arrest.
Although Hon. Kennedy Agyapong has been a household name for about a decade now for his benevolence and verbal abuse, he became even more notorious/popular, whichever you like because he assumed a new role in 2018 as an Investigative Journalist. This was to an attempt to bring down the internationally acclaimed Investigative Journalist, the Veteran Anas Aremeyaw Anas. Anas Known for his mode of journalism and investigative prowess zoomed-in his attention on Confederation of African Football (CAF) but Ghana Football Association (GFA) in perspective. He uncovered rots in all spheres of football in Ghana and caught big fish in his work.
Immediately he started his promo, there were rumours that several names like the President of the Republic, the vice president and some high ranking members in the NPP Government have been mentioned. Hon. Kennedy Agyapong rose that he would not allow Anas to bring fears in people like that and started a media war against him. He used his media network to stage several attacks on Anas Aremeyaw Anas and his Tiger Eye Pi firm.
Anas is a trained Journalist under the formidable arm of the Ace Abdul Malik Kweku Baako as he always says. So it became impossible to have attacked Anas in isolation without roping in Kweku Baako. In his attempt to discredit Anas and his boss Kwaku Baako, he branded them as corrupt and doing what they do for their personal gain and tarnish the image of Ghana.
He said on his TV and radio stations as well as on Asempa FM that Mr Baako was corrupt, dishonest and even engages in galamsey with Anas using a company called C & G Aleska Ltd. He defended this allegation even after Kweku Baako came to defend himself and his boy Anas on both Peace FM and Joy FM. So he sought redress in court. The court ruled after two years as: “The Defendant is hereby ordered, within thirty (30) days of this judgment, to publish on three consecutive occasions, on the same platforms that he published the defamatory words, an unqualified retraction and an apology, with the same prominence as given to the issuance of the defamatory words against the plaintiff. An order of perpetual injunction is hereby granted restraining the Defendant, his agents, assigns and servants from further publishing any defamatory words against the plaintiff. Damages were assessed at One Hundred Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢100,000 and cost assessed at Thirty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢ 30,000)”.
Kennedy Agyapong as he is known, would not have a problem even paying in multiples of ten of what he was charged. But he would have a big challenge kowtowing to the dictates of the court in the aspect where he is required to render the unqualified apology for twelve good times to Abdul Malik Kweku Baako.
But Kweku Baako speaking after the ruling said on Joy News, he emphasized that he was not interested in the money he got from the judgement but rather the retraction and the apology. In his own words, no amount of money can buy his reputation. He further stated that he would be giving the money to charity but would ensure that the apology come through as indicated by the court or he would go back to the court to cite him for contempt.
This is going to be a tough task for Kennedy Agyapong to execute as he fears no one and respects no one but himself.
He should be advised to swallow his pride and humble himself to apologize as that would not reduce him or take anything from him but I know that Kennedy Agyapong would rather choose to die than to apologise. The days ahead would be interesting ones to witness and enjoy how matters unfold.
- PHOTO: Police arrests key suspect in the murder of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Kennedy Agyapong exposes NPP; says they used him to fight Anas
- Anas fingered in Tiger Eye PI partner’s killing
- VIDEO: Anas reacts to Ahmed’s assassination at Madina
- Anas’ Number 12: Kweku Baako sues Kennedy Agyapong for GHS25m
- Judge ‘sings’ ‘Obia wo ne master’ before Anas, Ken Agyapong ruling
- Ken Agyapong to release ‘Who watches the watchman’ on June 27
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Inspire People By Helping Those In Need
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Kennedy Agyapong must apologise to Ghanaians for wasting our time
- Tit For Tat: Asaase Radio and other businesses owned by NPP bigwigs that NDC is likely to collapse if they win power
- Why Haven’t The Ghana Police Arrested Kennedy Agyapong?
- Mastermind: How Rev. Obofuor Tactically Silenced Kennedy Agyapong
- Stop ranting and have my support – Baako assures embattled Auditor General
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- Kennedy Agyapong to takeover King Faisal
- Alajo ‘coup plotters’ have a huge hurdle to cross – Baako
- ACP Agordzo is bold and I like him – Kweku Baako Jnr
- PDS Termination: Akufo-Addo faced opposition from his own ‘colleagues’ – Kweku Baako
- NDC’s phobia of recollecting negative history amounts to intellectual cowardice – Baako fires
- ‘You’re an ugly attention-seeking bitch’ – Kennedy Agyapong fires Afia Schwarzenegger
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Akufo-Addo’s government ‘sucks’ at communication – Kweku Baako
- Security agents joined coup plotters and exposed them – Kweku Baako reveals
- Put ‘mad’ Kennedy Agyapong on suicide watch – Kevin Taylor begs
- J.B. Danquah Adu was killed because he had naked pictures of Mahama – Ken Agyapong alleges