Rev. Eddie Tetteh, a gospel musician, answers in the negative.
He supports his assertion with 2 Corinthians 6: 14 in the Holy Bible.
“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers,” he quoted Sunday evening on “A walk with Jesus”, a Christian family programme on Joy FM.
Eddie Tetter wondered why a person declaring or witnessing Christ, would not just go ahead and do so without blending it “with something.”
He defines a gospel musician as one who is born-again and does music as a ministry.
“From where I stand, anybody who sings a gospel song must have an encounter with Christ.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“We must now draw that line between somebody in ministry and an artist who wants to do business,” he told programme host, Rev Ransford Abossey.
Illustrating this point with his personal experience, he said, “I am doing ministry. I am not there to play a hit song. No, I am doing ministry,” he stressed.
Imputing motives to unbelievers doing gospel music, he said people do gospel music for motives other than promoting Christ.
“Anything Jesus sells. Even if you don’t have an encounter with Jesus and you mention the name it will sell,” he explained.
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album
- Only fools buy data just to insult and create rivalry between artistes – Kwaw Kese