Scores of actors and actresses from the Ashanti Region, led by Nana Ama McBrown, on Wednesday, 24 July 2019 petitioned Ghana’s parliament to ensure that a Film Village is built in Kumasi, the hub of Ghanaian movies (Kumawood) rather the Kyebi, Eastern Region.
McBrown told Majority Leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu during the presentation of the petition to parliament that the influence of Kumawood actors and actresses on the socio-economic wellbeing of Ghanaians cannot be underestimated, hence the need to build the Film Village in Kumasi.
“We play a very critical role in the movie industry in Ghana,” she said, adding: “We have employed more Ghanaians as part of our business.”
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“For this reason, we are petitioning parliament to ensure that the Film Village is set up in the Ashanti Region.”
Receiving the petition on behalf of parliament, Mr Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu assured the petitioners that their concerns would be forwarded to the Speaker of Parliament for appropriate action to be taken on it.
He recognised the important role movie producers and actors play in the economy and commended them for their efforts.
The government of Ghana is planning to build a Film Village for the country, which will be located in the Eastern Region.
The 2019 government budget statement said: “The government has acquired 200 acres of land in the Eastern Region to build a Film Village.”
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- Nana Ama McBrown reveals how she encountered fake pastors because of childlessness
- Nana Ama McBrown celebrates husband’s birthday with celebrities
- The movie industry has contributed to more Ghana’s economy and needs to be supported – Nana Ama Mcbrown to Majority leader
- McBrown, other Kumawood filmmakers ‘storm’ Parliament
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian Female Actresses Richer Than Shatta Wale
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- Ghanaian personalities who have been accused of occultism
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Wondering how Nana Ama McBrown gets money to buy the expensive cars? Here are her sources of income
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28