Experienced football administrator, Alhaji Karim Grusah, has called on the return of Ghanaian duo— Kelvin Prince Boateng and Sulley Ali Muntari— to the Black Stars ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup Nations.
Ghana will travel to Egypt in June for their 32nd AFCON.
The Stars are hoping to clinch the ultimate to end their long trophy drought having failed to win it since 1982.
The Black Stars, in the last three editions of the tournament, have been impressive, reaching the finals on two occasions.
The bankroller of Division One side King Faisal believes the inclusion of FC Barcelona player KP Boateng and former AC Milan star Sulley Ali Muntari into the final squad for the Afcon will help boost the side’s chances of winning of the trophy.
“Let’s invite Sulley Muntari and Kelvin Prince Boateng to help the team. They are all Ghanaians. I support them very well to be called into the national team for the AFCON and their experience will be needed at the tournament,” he said in an interview.
“Sulley has done a lot for the country in terms of football. KP Boateng and Sulley still have something in them to help Ghana retain our African respect,” Alhaji Grusah added.
The duo was sacked from camp during the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, with a purported use of ‘F’ word on coach Kwesi Appiah by KP Boateng.
Sulley Muntari’s crime has got to do with engaging a management member of the stars in a fight. Both players have somehow apologised, but have since not being called into the national team since 2014.
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Alhaji Grunsah damages GFA Presidential ambitions with ‘goro boys’ attack
- Special Competition: Karela United Whip Hearts Of Oak
- Special Competition: Eleven Wonders 0-3 Asante Kotoko – Porcupine Warriors return to winning ways
- Bring back Muntari, KP Boateng – Alhaji Grusah
- Atletico Madrid places €80 million as Thomas Partey’s price tag
- I won’t naturalize for Russia – Kadri Mohammed pledges his allegiance to Ghana
- Barca coach disappointed in Kevin Boateng’s attitude to training
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Real Madrid consider shock move for Thomas Partey
- Sheep disrupt Liberty Prof. vrs Dwarfs game
- AFCON 2019: Egyptian Embassy To Assist Ghanaian Fans Ahead Of Tournament
- Inter star Kwadwo Asamoah delighted by ‘important’ win against Genoa
- Special Competition matchday 2 wrap: Sharks shoot down Hearts as Liberty humiliate Dwarfs
- Ghana moves three places up in latest FIFA rankings
- Team Dogboe cautions US Embassy
- Evans Mensah climbs from bench to grab brace as HJK Helsinki start Finnish League with victory
- Ghana defender Nicholas Opoku impresses as Udinese hold AC Milan in serie A
- Majeed Waris recovers from injury, travels with Nantes side to face PSG in French Cup
- Columbus Crew ace Harrison Afful suffers broken jawn 100th MLS cap; ruled out for SIX weeks
- Black Queens captain Elizabeth Addo elated after joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning
- Man United target Thomas Partey features as Atletico Madrid close gap on Barcelona in La Liga
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Andre Ayew determined to win AFCON title
- Anthony Annan neglects kids; wife cries for help
- Black Stars Denied Hotel Access
- CAF CONFEDERATION CUP: Kotoko Fall To Zesco; Eliminated In Group Stage
- Asamoah Named As Manager of Schalke 04
- FIFA Approves A New 24 Team Club World Cup
- UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw: Manchester City face Tottenham, Barclelona play Man United