A speeding vehicle with registration AW 5859 -12 number painted in Vodafone colours and logo has knocked and killed Lance Corporal John Andoh of the Ghana Police Service stationed at Ejisu, MyNewsGh.com confirms.
The deceased cop according to police was on duty with other colleagues at Kubease snap checkpoint when the incident happened.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
According to the account of the police, the deceased Lance Corporal and his colleagues had just closed from duty and he was carrying the barricades to a safe place but in the process, the pickup vehicle with Vodafone inscription suddenly tried overtaking the accident vehicle from the wrong lane.
The driver it is gathered lost control of the steering gear and veered off the road and crushed the policeman to death.
The driver of the Vodafone pickup which had a severe dent at the back stopped for a while and suddenly sped off but the suspect driver in charge AW 5859 – 12 has been arrested and is in police custody.
The body of the policeman has been deposited at Living Waters Hospital mortuary for preservation and further action.
- Why police officers still take bribe; IGP’s take
- Makola Traders laud Vodafone for digital skills training
- Police, military deployed to crack down on warmongers in conflict-ravaged town
- Ara B Shows His Gangster Side; Says He Has Guns
- Probe begins after police officer guns down man at Kasoa
- Could someone stop this Vodafone 4G nonsense?
- Operation Cow leg arrests three suspected robbers in Eastern Region
- Policeman Sentenced To Death For Murder
- Police harassed me sexually while investigating JB Danquah-Adu’s death – Widow
- #BringBackOurTaadiGirls: Number one trending hashtag on twitter; Police suspected of foul play
- 5 Most corrupt institutions in Ghana revealed; Police tops
- Sad news as policeman shoots himself to death at Nungua