The Ghana National team began their pre-tournament training in Dubai ahead of the African Nation Cup in Egypt.
The Black Stars held their first training at the Jeber Ali training facility.
The training involved 23 players with the exception of Richard Ofori, Ebenezer Ofori, Afriyie Acquah, Mubarak Wakasu, Thomas Partey and Jonathan Mensah who are expected to join Ghana’s camp as they prepare for the tournament.
Twenty-nine players were invited for the pre-AFCON camping in Dubai but the number will be reduced to 23 for the African Cup of Nations.
The Black Stars are chasing a sixth title after last winning it in 1982.
Ghana play their first game on June 25 at the Ismailia Stadium.
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana Football Association Normalisation Committee presents $7.2 million budget to government for 2019 AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan’s career on the verge of collapse in Turkey
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Find out how invited Black Stars players have performed this season ahead of AFCON qualifier
- Kwesi Appiah names 7 debutants in squad to face South Africa, São Tomé and Príncipe in 2021 AFCON qualifier
- Owusu Bempah exposed over Black Stars victory prophesy
- Orange-Liberia, Making Liberians Feel Part of 2019 AFCON
- Madagascar hold Guinea in historic AFCON game
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- FRIENDLY: Black Stars draw (0-0) with Bafana Bafana in Dubai
- Cameroon eligible to play at AFCON after CAS dismissed Comoros case
- Guinea name injured Naby Keïta in provisional squad for AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan set for Black Stars return after Nana Addo’s Phone call
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- I am almost done with my selection for AFCON-Kwesi Appiah
- Kotoko captain Amos Frimpong tips Ghana to progress out of AFCON Group
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Ghanaian referee Daniel Laryea to officiate at AFCON 2019
- Black Stars Management Committee inspect facility in UAE for team’s camping base ahead of AFCON
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi