Israel forward Yossi Benayoun has announced his retirement as a professional footballer and has taken up a role in the backroom of Israeli Premier League side Beitar Jerusalem.
The 38-year-old enjoyed a long career spell in the Premier League after leaving Racing Santander for
West Ham in 2005.
The former Israel captain went on to play for Liverpool, Chelsea, QPR and Arsenal.
The Europa League winner made the announcement via Instagram
‘’ It’s important for me to thank the fans, the ones who gave me love wherever I went.’’
‘’I am sure that the next chapter will be challenging and no less exciting. There are moments I’ll take with me for life. ‘‘He stated.
In his new position, he will be responsible for selecting the team’s managers and assembling the backroom staff.
Benayoun played 102 times for Israel and scored 24 goals.
- Liverpool win sixth UEFA Champions League
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Salah named one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine
- English Premier League: Liverpool taste first defeat away to Manchester City; Citizens back in title race
- Boxing Day English Premier League Wrap: Manchester City’s woes continues as Liverpool go six points clear at the top
- Boxing Day: Betting tips for English Premier League
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Hazard joins Real Madrid for €100 million
- Inter Milan confirm Conte as new head coach
- Chelsea beat Arsenal to lift Europa League trophy
- Adomah secures Premier League promotion with Aston Villa
- Guinea name injured Naby Keïta in provisional squad for AFCON
- Kompany announces Manchester City exit
- Morata vows never to return to Chelsea
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- Liverpool’s Van Dijk wins Premier League Player of the Season award
- Liverpool stun Barcelona to book Champions League Final place
- Relegated Premier League club Huddersfield Town set to be sold
- Atsu on target for Newcastle against Liverpool
- Bailly ruled out of AFCON
- Adebayor talks about Arsenal’s challenges
- Herrera to join PSG next season
- Lukaku dreams to play in Italy
- Guardiola debunks Mahrez exit rumours
- Historic: Long scores fastest goal in English Premier League
- Solskjaer set to make tough decisions on Manchester United squad
- Sarri heaps praise on Hazard ahead of Europa League game