The editor-in-chief of the New Crusading Guide, Abdul-Malik Kweku Baako, has hit hard at NDC MP Alhassan Suhuyini over previous comments attributed to Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia.
The Tamale North Member of Parliament on Newsfile, Saturday, 15 June 2019 read a tweet supposedly coming from the Twitter account of the then-vice presidential candidate of the NPP to the effect that the Elephant party if given the mandate, would never borrow for the country’s developmental agenda.
Quoting from the said tweet, Suhuyini sought to discredit the credibility of the Vice President in relation to the fact that the current government is borrowing for its policies and projects.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Speaking on the same programme, Mr. Baako emphasized that the then-vice presidential candidate of the NPP never made those comments.
“Take it from me, I don’t think Dr. Bawumia ever made such comments. This tweet could not have come from him because it is practically impossible for any administration not to do a bit of borrowing. This tweet Suhuyini is quoting from is of doubtful validity,” Mr. Baako emphasised.
However, Mr. Suhuyini insisted that the tweet indeed came from the Vice President.
The opposition NDC has referred to the said tweet as coming from the Vice President from one of his lectures when the NPP was in opposition.
However, communicators of the ruling party insist Dr. Bawumia was never emphatic that an NPP government would not borrow.
- Can Kennedy Agyapong swallow his pride and apologise to Kweku Baako as the court has ordered?
- Stop ranting and have my support – Baako assures embattled Auditor General
- Alajo ‘coup plotters’ have a huge hurdle to cross – Baako
- ACP Agordzo is bold and I like him – Kweku Baako Jnr
- PDS Termination: Akufo-Addo faced opposition from his own ‘colleagues’ – Kweku Baako
- NDC’s phobia of recollecting negative history amounts to intellectual cowardice – Baako fires
- Akufo-Addo’s government ‘sucks’ at communication – Kweku Baako
- Security agents joined coup plotters and exposed them – Kweku Baako reveals
- Canadians played no role in rescue of kidnapped women – Kweku Baako supports government
- Nzema Youth descend heavily on Kweku Baako, call him ‘NPP propagandist
- Stupid man like you, ugly fool – Owusu Bempah blasts Kweku Baako
- NDC alarm over guns importation diabolic and mischievous – Kweku Baako
- Akufo-Addo gov’t doing better than Mahama did – Baako backs Bawumia
- Bawumia is NDC’s main headache – Baako