Barcelona coach, Ernesto Valvede, is reported to be disappointed in Kevin-Prince Boateng’s attitude towards training since he signed on for the Camp Nou side. This has further limited the chances of the 32-year-old from playing any part in the club and could immediately be released once his contract expires.
According to journalist Javi Miguel who disclosed this to Club de la Mitjanit on Catalunya Radio, the German-born Ghana international’s lack of interest in training is disappointing the manager.
Boateng was signed on a six month loan deal from Italian side, Sassuolo to Barcelona during the January transfer window and has only made two appearances for the Catalan giants.
His last appearance in Barcelona shirt was on February 16 and two months on, the player is yet to feature for Coach Valvede’s side and this is attributed to the player’s attitude to training.
“Barça’s coaches were recently further disappointed by his attitude when he failed to attend two optional training sessions after the international break.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“Although the sessions were optional, it was basically a test of whether or not Boateng could be bothered to turn up and potentially improve his chances of getting a game.
“He didn’t – and now it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’s already played his final match for the club”, the journalist said.
Miguel went further to state that the club would dispose of his services once his six months contract expires. “One thing’s for sure: Barça will not be signing him on a permanent contract this summer”, he assured.
The journalist further twitted that the training was only a trap to see the commitment of the ex-Tottenham player which his failed deepening the disappointment of the club handlers.
“Boateng has disappointed the coaches, also at the extra-sporting level. He does not like to train a lot”
“He did not go to either of the two volunteer training sessions in the week of selections. It was a trap of the technicians and one more point of this disappointment”, his tweet said
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Special Competition: Karela United Whip Hearts Of Oak
- Special Competition: Eleven Wonders 0-3 Asante Kotoko – Porcupine Warriors return to winning ways
- Barca coach disappointed in Kevin Boateng’s attitude to training
- Atletico Madrid places €80 million as Thomas Partey’s price tag
- I won’t naturalize for Russia – Kadri Mohammed pledges his allegiance to Ghana
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Bring back Muntari, KP Boateng – Alhaji Grusah
- Real Madrid consider shock move for Thomas Partey
- Sheep disrupt Liberty Prof. vrs Dwarfs game
- AFCON 2019: Egyptian Embassy To Assist Ghanaian Fans Ahead Of Tournament
- Inter star Kwadwo Asamoah delighted by ‘important’ win against Genoa
- Special Competition matchday 2 wrap: Sharks shoot down Hearts as Liberty humiliate Dwarfs
- Ghana moves three places up in latest FIFA rankings
- Team Dogboe cautions US Embassy
- Evans Mensah climbs from bench to grab brace as HJK Helsinki start Finnish League with victory
- Ghana defender Nicholas Opoku impresses as Udinese hold AC Milan in serie A
- Majeed Waris recovers from injury, travels with Nantes side to face PSG in French Cup
- Columbus Crew ace Harrison Afful suffers broken jawn 100th MLS cap; ruled out for SIX weeks
- Black Queens captain Elizabeth Addo elated after joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning
- Man United target Thomas Partey features as Atletico Madrid close gap on Barcelona in La Liga
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Andre Ayew determined to win AFCON title
- Anthony Annan neglects kids; wife cries for help
- Black Stars Denied Hotel Access
- CAF CONFEDERATION CUP: Kotoko Fall To Zesco; Eliminated In Group Stage
- Asamoah Named As Manager of Schalke 04
- FIFA Approves A New 24 Team Club World Cup
- UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw: Manchester City face Tottenham, Barclelona play Man United
- Hearts of Oak CEO Mark Noonan resigns