Founder of the All People’s Congress (APC), Hassan Ayariga has launched a scathing attack on President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
The former presidential candidate of the People’s National Convention (PNC) who described President Akufo-Addo as a tyrant said Ghanaians are no longer safe under his administration.
Wading in the ongoing debate of press freedom following an alleged torture and arrest of two ModernGhana journalists, Mr. Ayariga said the President, famed as a “human rights activist” has now “turned out to be a democratic tyrant”.
“Let us remind Nana Addo, the so-called human rights activist, now president, that Ghanaians are not safe under his presidency”, adding, a “human rights activist now a tyrant president”.
“President Nana has brought back the culture of silence”, Mr Ayariga said, asking: “What sort of tyranny is this?”
“Media personnel being harassed, police officials being interdicted, kidnappings, killings, public workers sacked based on false accusations and tagged members of other political parties, corruption and poverty everywhere. Our freedom and justice are under threat. Let’s defend our freedom and justice. Let’s change the deceptive change”, Mr Ayariga rallied.
Three journalist with online news portal, Modern Ghana were arrested last Thursday by National Security operatives.
The National Security Ministry had said the arrest of three staff of the news portal was in connection with alleged cyber crimes.
Gun-wielding operatives stormed the company’s office in Accra without a warrant and strapped the heads of two of the staff in black polythene bags, a staff has claimed.
Read Mr Ayariga’s full post below:
Dr. Hassan-Ayariga Writes,
A human rights activist turned out to be a democratic tyrant. Let us remind Nana Addo the so called human rights activist now president, that Ghanaians are not safe under his presidency. Human rights activist now a tyrant president. President Nana has brought back the culture of silence. What sort of tyranny is this? Media personnel being harassed, police officials being interdicted, Kidnappings, killings, public workers sacked based on false accusations and tagged members of other political parties, corruption and poverty everywhere. Our freedom and justice is under threat. Let’s defend our freedom and justice. “Let’s change the deceptive change”.
Dr. Hassan-Ayariga APC Leader.
- Akufo-Addo built Kotoka terminal 3 – NPP Communicator
- Vote against Akufo-Addo – Bantama NPP Chairman campaigns
- 10 quotes from Akufo-Addo’s speech at the UN General Assembly
- Disband National Security Secretariat and Ministries – Lawyer Ndebugri
- Aisha Huang’s deportation was a mistake – Nana Addo
- Reject White Paper stance on Sam George’s abuser – Franklin Cudjoe to Akufo-Addo
- Corruption tag stuck on Akufo-Addo – Koku Anyidoho
- I’m not a zombie to Akufo-Addo – Allotey Jacobs
- NDC’s ‘acquired accent’ jab against Akufo-Addo was a joke – Edudzi Tamakloe confesses
- Corruption fight: Akufo-Addo has been a disappointment – Atik Mohammed
- IMF, World Bank praises won’t win you 2020 polls – Ken Agyapong warns-Akufo Addo
- Akufo-Addo appoints new NYA top Managers
- Akufo-Addo’s appointees refusing to resign despite Public Services Commission’s directive
- Rawlings, Akufo-Addo biggest victims of politics of insults – Prof. Karikari
- Akufo-Addo speaks on anti-corruption fight today
- Akufo-Addo consoles Zimbabwe on Mugabe’s death
- Handshake furore: Akufo-Addo didn’t snub Mahama – Tema West NPP Chair
- Sack SA High Commissioner to Ghana – Akufo-Addo told
- Metro Mass chases NDC, Ablakwa, Ayariga, 5 minority MPs over debts owed it
- Stop the disgusting act of victimising educational heads – TEIN to Akufo-Addo
- JETRO to pitch camp in Ghana; Akufo-Addo says it’s because ‘Ghana better than 2 years ago
- Prove you’re in charge of Ghana – Oscar Doe to Akufo-Addo
- Lift the veil on Ghana Amalgamated Trust shareholders – Mahama to Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo appoints second female Brigadier General of the Ghana Armed Forces
- Victor Smith reveals why Akufo-Addo is still alive
- Deputy Minister finally reveals the number of Akufo-Addo’s relatives in gov’t
- I campaigned for Akufo-Addo because I believed in him; I don’t anymore – A Plus
- Akufo-Addo appoints Dr. Kwaku Afriyie to oversee activities of State Owned Enterprises
- Akufo-Addo must reduce number of ministers – Mahama
- Ghana is the 2nd most corrupt country in Africa – Report