Former President John Dramani has alleged that the ruling government is currently training thugs to perpetrate violence in 2020.
He criticized the Akufo-Addo government’s rejection of most of the key recommendations of the Justice Emile Short Committee Report on the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election violence.
Mr. Mahama, speaking during a courtesy call by executives of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA), said it should be of concern to all Ghanaians that government, by its actions, appears to approve of the lawless assault on innocent civilians.
Mr. Mahama argued that the actions of government provides a sinister premonition of future attacks by government-trained thugs targeted at the government’s political opponents. He said there was evidence that the government is training ‘able-bodied’ civilians at a government military training facility.
“It is a worry that Ayawaso West Wuogon will be repeated on a larger scale than it did. This was only a by-election but the way things are going and from what we are hearing, it is possible that some sinister force is preparing to wreak violence during the (general) elections and this is something that we must look at.”
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- Is John Mahama on a promising spree because he still believes Ghanaians have short memory?
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Prof. Jane Naana Opoku? The Pros and cons put NDC in a tight corner
- Where are all the senior politicians in the NDC? The battle is no longer for babies
- John Mahama’s running mate announcement, and other important events coronavirus has affected
- Why John Mahama is bent on reversing the Public Universities Bill
- Analysis of the choice of Mahama’s running mate and its political consequences for the NDC
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- All what you need to know about the Universities Bill and why John Mahama has vowed to cancel it
- Can John Mahama win the elections with the same Green Book he lost with?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Election 2020: John Mahama or Nana Akufo-Addo?
- This is why Mahama is losing the 2020 elections
- Why President Nana Akufo-Addo will lose the 2020 General Elections to John Mahama easily
- Why John Mahama Would Win 2020 Elections
- The Death Of Atta Mills: Who bails the cat?
- Why one of these 3 would be John Mahama’s running mate
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Akufo-Addo and John Mahama shamed by international media
- Nana Akomea jabs Mahama at Manasseh’s book launch
- John Mahama wrote his resignation before Mills died – Manasseh’s book reveals
- Mahama rejects PNC’s referendum ‘NO’ vote stance
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- I used 3 meetings to convince Mahama in 2005 to accept presidency – Bagbin
- 10 people Mahama will not choose as running mate for 2020 Poll
- Akufo-Addo has improved Ghanaians living standards – Rev Owusu Bempah
- Don’t impose your cultures on us – Mahama
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses