Rapper Okyeame Kwame in eulogizing Otumfuo Nana Osei Tutu II has addressed him as “God” and actress Yvonne Nelson says that is blasphemy, therefore, he should respect “God” the creator and correct his mistake. Her comment quickly sparked a debate.
The two had a back and forth beneath Okyeame Kwame’s post via the comments session which is also attracted other fans to share their views on the notes made by the rapper and actress.
Read their interactions below and tell us what you think.
Sharing a video of Osei Tutu II dancing and explaining his dance moves, Okyeame Kwame wrote:
“Watching the dance carefully, Nana is communicating with his gestures, let me try and explain.
He says the Left and Right is all mine. All things come together because of me, everything is mine.
It was given to me by God, I have dominion on all things because I am a God. I am in God and God is in Me.
Happy Birthday, Otumfuo Osei Tutu Nyame Kese? we wish you longer life, peace and prosperity. May Otwediampon Kwame who lives in you multiply your territories. Thank you for showing the African how to live with PRIDE and AUTHORITY. You are ROYAL. Piaaaaaaaw.”
This Yvonne replied saying that “Pls correct it!!!! he’s not God! With the capital G. There’s only one God!”
Reacting to this, the rapper left a comment to the actress saying that he intentionally wrote it as such for a purpose, and that further triggered a long debate. “@yvonnenelsongh it is intentionally written like that. The Offspring of a lion is a lion. The child of God is God.”
Ryn Roberts’ mother then argued that anyone who refuses acknowledge there’s only one God with the capital “G” can remain in their ignorance. “I’m sorry bro, go check this one out! That’s blasphemy. Anyone who thinks otherwise can decide to stay in their ignorance. We know the true G’ GOD.” She wrote.
The Ghanaian musician coming back with some bible verses to support his opinion, wrote: “Sister Yvonne We all experience God differently. None of Us can tell how the next Person should feel and or understand God. God is a part of Us . He is Us. We are Him. U see when I was a kid, I was told that I am Man and God lives in Me. But I have grown up to understand that no. The life in Me is nothing but Gods active force. So I am God and this body lives in Me. It’s not about calling names ( ignorance) it’s about understanding and Perspective. Read Your Bible Well. Psalm John 10 30 [sic].”
“Sister Yvonne because of the presence of God in Man I think it is disrespectful to refer to Man as a Small God (god) because it diminishes the God in Man. I would refer to a River as a small god or a deity as a Small god but Man is a Big God. Pls, ask Yourself Who came up with the concept of Small god and big God? What was their motive? Was it for differentiation or to diminish the Africans Idea of Her greatness? I love Me. I know Me. God lives in Me. [sic]” Okyeame added.
Rapper Trigmatic also came along with his thought, with a comment saying that “Indeed there’s only one God”, this Yvonne replied saying “Bro, I’m smiling. I’m happy we are in this place”
Okyeame Kwame’s last comment to the back and forth was “hmmmm U are right. People don’t understand that nobody should force their religion on others. We all experience God differently. I rest my case [sic]”.
Now, share your thoughts with us. Do you agree with Okyeame Kwame or Yvonne Nelson?
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
View this post on Instagram
Watching the dance carefully, Nana is communicating with his gestures,let me try and explain .He says the Left and Right is all mine. All things come together because of me,everything is mine. It was given to me by God , I have dominion on all things because I am a God. I am in God and God is in Me. Happy Birthday Otumfuo Osei Tutu Nyame Keseɛ we wish you longer life, peace and prosperity. May Otwediampon Kwame who lives in you multiply your territories. Thank you for showing the African how to live with PRIDE and AUTHORITY. You are ROYAL. ???? Piaaaaaaaw ✌???????????????? . #MadeinGhana #Asanteman #Culture #Pride @manhyiapalace_
- Top rappers who were raised as Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Female Celebrities Who Want To Be President
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrity Marriages Worthy Of Emulation
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Who Have Been Brutally Assaulted By Their Boyfriends
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- December 17 Referendum: Otumfuo ‘shames’ Okyenhene
- I apologised to Okyeame Kwame after my Kasiebo song – Obrafour
- Sex-for-roles: Say no and walk away – Yvonne Nelson to upcoming actresses
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- Ghanaian politicians are only wise in opposition – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson and Nana Aba Anamoah ‘clash’ over Obrafour and Sarkodie
- Berla Mundi, Yvonne Nelson, Mcbrown get GOWA 2019 nomination
- Fans warn Yvonne Nelson about dating Nigerian actor Tobi
- Getting closer to God is the best thing that has happened to me – Yvonne Nelson
- It is my wish to be President – Yvonne Nelson