The woes of Black Stars Captain, Asamoah Gyan are expected to worsen as more trouble is brewing following the outcome of DNA results he requested to ascertain the true paternity of his three children, MyNewsGh.com has gathered.
Asamoah Gyan in addition to the DNA, MyNewsGh.com gathered, was pushing for the annulment of the marriage to Gifty Gyan which was a leeway for him to escape paying huge compensation to mother of his three children on grounds the marriage technically never existed.
But the lady MyNewsGh.com understands is pushing for a divorce insisting it was a legal marriage under the laws of the country in order for the footballer to bear the brunt of his actions after subjecting her to international disgrace which sought to suggest she was sleeping around.
Gyan through his lawyer Mr Edwin Kusi Appiah in November last year stated he was annulling the marriage saying “Our client has noted the level of misinformation as well as the veiled and sometimes open attempt to discredit him, his family and or his friends and therefore we write for and on behalf of Mr Asamoah Gyan on matters that have come to his attention because they have been largely publicized and talked about within the media space across the country.”
It continued “Our client has no interest in discussing his marriage in public but the only correction he wishes to make on the foregoing is that the process that is ongoing at an Accra High Court is not a petition for divorce but an annulment process.”
What’s the Legal difference between annulment and divorce?
There are two ways to legally end a marriage – annulment and divorce. An annulment is a legal procedure which cancels a marriage between a man and a woman. Annulling a marriage is as though it is completely erased – legally, it declares that the marriage never technically existed and was never valid.
A divorce, or legal dissolution of a marriage, is the ending of a valid marriage between a man and a woman returning both parties to single status with the ability to remarry.
An annulment case can be initiated by either the husband or the wife in the marriage. The party initiating the annulment must prove that he or she has the grounds to do so and if it can be proven, the marriage will be considered null and void by the court. The following is a list of common grounds for annulment and a short explanation of each point: bigamy, forced consent, fraud, marriage prohibited by law, mental illness, mental incapacity, inability to consummate the marriage, underage marriage, adultery, desertion and physical/emotional abuse.
- Asamoah Gyan’s estranged wife Gifty jams to Kuami Eugene’s ‘Ohemaa’ song
- Asamoah Gyan stopped catering for his 3 children since July 2018 – Wife cries to court
- Asamoah Gyan-Sarah Kwablah Case: Court Rules In Favour Of Sarah Kwablah And 3 Others
- PHOTO: Asamoah Gyan’s Son Wins First Trophy With UK-based Football Team
- PHOTO: Gifty Gyan ‘Promises’ To Forgive Asamoah Gyan After Disgracing Her?
- Samuel Osei Kuffuor Defends Asamoah Gyan After DNA Test Proved Him Wrong
- Ghanaians Rain Insults On Asamoah Gyan After DNA Test Proved Him Wrong
- PHOTOS: Meet Nina Atalah, The Slay Queen Behind Asamoah Gyan And Wife’s Divorce
- Baffour Gyan Orchestrated Asamoah Gyan And Wife’s Divorce Brouhaha – REPORTS
- PHOTO: Delay And Gifty Gyan Celebrate After DNA Test Vindicated Her
- I’m broke and my entire life savings is Ghc4,000 – Asamoah Gyan tells Court
- I’m Broke – Asamoah Gyan ‘Cries’ In Court In Ongoing Annulment Case
- I want DNA test to be done at Police Hospital not private laboratory – Gifty Gyan
- I’m not dating Asamoah Gyan’s wife – Captain Planet
- PHOTO: See marriage certificate of Gifty Gyan and former husband which vindicates Asamoah Gyan
- Ghanaian personalities who have been accused of occultism
- 2021 AFCON qualifiers: Kwesi Appiah drops Asamoah Gyan, three others for South Africa game
- Asamoah Gyan delighted with first goal in Indian Super League
- All eyes on Gyan as Indian League kick off
- Penalty miss against Uruguay is now part of my life – Asamoah Gyan
- Asamoah Gyan should keep quiet, he’s not the family spokesperson – Castro’s father
- Asamoah Gyan set for Black Stars return after Nana Addo’s Phone call
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Pay my maintenance expenses and that of our children – Asamoah Gyan’s wife demands
- Asamoah Gyan jabs estranged wife in latest video?
- Kwesi Appiah hints at possible omission of “unfit” Asamoah Gyan from Black Stars squad for AFCON 2019
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Asamoah Gyan To Face Charges In Court
- “Disregard All Asamoah Gyan Extortion Stories Online Against Entertainment Journalist Osarfo Anthony” – Legal Team