The leadership of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) is asking police to deal ruthlessly with members of the so-called defunct vigilante group Delta Force, a vigilante group which earlier had a strong affiliation with the party.
“If their members do not stay away from polling centres and foment troubles, arrest and prosecute them”, Ashanti Regional Chairman of NPP, Mr. Bernard Antwi Boasiako urged the security agencies in the country.
According to the former bankroller defunct vigilante group, the party has parted ways with the members following calls by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to political parties to disband those groups formed.
“No vigilante group; being it Delta Force, Invincible Force and even that of NDC’s Hawks have been sent to go and monitor development for us”, Ashanti Regional Chairman of NPP, Chairman Wontumi as affectionately called stated in an interview MyNewsGh.com monitored.
The Regional Chairman who on many occasions mounted a spirited defense for Delta Force members on their illegal activities, therefore, asked the security agencies to deal with anyone who will break the laws.
“I will support the police to arrest and prosecute any member of NPP or NDC and any other political party who intends to cause confusion in the registration exercise”, he promised.
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Where are the elders in NPP? Chairman Wontumi’s actions are gradually sending the party to opposition
- NPP man who joined NDC fished out as Wontumi’s mole inside NDC Manifesto C’ttee
- Anas is an enemy and a Pharisee to Ghana – Chairman Wontumi
- I Have Been Directed By God To Ask Ntim To Step Down For Blay – Wontumi