Another suit has been filed at an Accra High Court against by the Special Prosecutor (SP), Martin A. B. K. Amidu against the Member of Parliament (MP) for Bawku Central, Mahama Ayariga for breaching the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) as amended, the Criminal Offences Act (Act 29) and also using public office for profit.
Six others joined in the suit are Hajia Hawa Ninchema, Sumaila Ewuntomah Abudu, Alex Vadze, Alhaji Abdul-Mumuni Jesewunde, Mary-Stella Adapesa and Mumuni Yakubu Nambe, all senior staff of the Bawku Municipal Assembly.
It is the second time the SP has pressed charges against the Bawku Central legislator for flouting some aspects of the Ghanaian laws.
Despite facing prosecution for allegedly evading duties and taxes, the Harvard trained lawyer this time around is on the radar of the SP for abetment to contravene the procedure to request for quotation contrary to section 20(1) of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960 (Act 29) and Sections 43(1) and 92(1) of the Public Procurement Act, 2003(as Amended) Act 663.
He is also accused of using public office for profit contrary to section 179(a) of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960 (Act 29).
Particulars of Offence
According to court documents, Ayariga, aged 43 years, sometime in April, 2018, at Bawku in the Upper East Region did abet Hajia Hawa Ninchema, Sumaila Ewuntomah Abudu, Alex Vadze, Alhaji Abdul-Mumuni Jesewunde, and Mary-Stella Adapesa, in their capacity as the procurement entity of Bawku Municipal Assembly to contravene the procedure to request for quotation from at least three different suppliers in the procurement of one used Mercedez Benz Sprinter 315CD1 Ambulance with chassis No. WDB90663315200601 at the cost of GH?100,000.00 for the Bawku Municipal Assembly by instigating and encouraging the purchase and importation of the vehicle without the procurement entity requesting for quotations.
Ayariga is further accused of dishonestly using his office as a public officer for private benefit by branding one used Mercedez Benz Sprinter 315CD1 Ambulance with chassis No. WDB90663315200601, the property of Bawku Municipal Assembly, as being donated by him knowing very that the vehicle was procured by the use of public funds.
- Parliament suspends sitting to determine whether Ayariga should meet SP in court
- H K. Prempeh, Kwaku Azar challenge Ayariga over Martin Amidu’s invitation refusal
- Amidu charges Ayariga in court for fraudulently evading tax on imported vehicles
- Mahama Ayariga to be ‘grilled’ by Special Prosecutor, Martin Amidu over shady dealings with a GRA officer
- Where is Martin Amidu?
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- I can’t get my GH¢180 million budget – Martin Amidu cries out
- I’II resign my job and campaign for Amidu, Domelevo ticket in 2020 – Braimah
- Don’t tie my hands behind me and say I am a poor boxer – Martin Amidu
- Speaker of Parliament tried to persuade me not to prosecute MPs – SP
- Amidu sues AG for not retrieving €47m judgment debt illegally paid Waterville
- Amidu is a ‘Special Letter Writer’ not Prosecutor- Suhuyini jabs
- Amidu takes on CID over ‘scandalous’ non-cooperation in $15m case
- Metro Mass chases NDC, Ablakwa, Ayariga, 5 minority MPs over debts owed it
- Our client didn’t defame you, he won’t apologize – Ato Forson’s lawyers to Amidu
- Amidu demands apology from Ato Forson over ‘defamatory’ judgement debt claims
- Retract and apologise for your defamatory comments – Amidu to Ato Forson
- Court halts trial of Mahama Ayariga
- NPP and NDC members waiting to jubilate over my sack – Martin Amidu
- Those persuading me to resign are ‘corrupt’ – Martin Amidu snarls
- I’ll soon catch up with you – Amidu to state looters
- ‘I consulted no one over SP job’ – Amidu denies ‘hallucinating’ Asiedu Nketia claims
- Don’t test me – Amidu warns Buaben Asamoa
- Sack me – Martin Amidu dares NPP
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Amidu complaining too much, nobody is stopping his probe – Buabeng Asamoah
- Martin Amidu on his way out, set to rejoin NDC
- Stop my trial – Ayariga tells court
- Amidu laments interference by civil society heads in his work
- Heads of institutions hindering fight against corruption – Martin Amidu