Music lovers and entertainment analysts are finding it difficult to find the appropriate adjectives to describe the “Amakye Dede @45 Concert”.
‘Epic’, ‘splendid’, ‘super’, ‘fantastic’, ‘amazing’ are but a few of the words that filled the air after the concert at the Miklin Hotel in Kumasi on Saturday.
Casual estimates put attendance at over 2000 audience. Even as at 1 am, on Sunday, just before hi-life legend Abrantie Amakye Dede mounted the stage, patrons were still struggling at the gate to secure tickets for an event which started at 8 p.m.
Nana Osei Ampofo Adjei of Adom FM, after ground preparatory perfomances from the Big Osei Band, followed with a performance of some of his songs mixed with that of his legendary father and Amakye Dede’s mentor, the late Akwasi Ampofo Adjei (A.A.A. or Dada Thick) of “If You Do Good, You Do For Yourself” fame.
Kwaisey Pee, the ‘Mehia Odo’ hit-maker, also never disappointed when mounted the stage. He sung hit after hit songs engaging especially ‘daughters of Eve’ at the concert.
Ofori Amponsah’s effortless delivery of hit songs like ‘Emmanuella, Cinderella, Otolege, among others to the admiration of the audience who insisted he sings the popular “Alewa”. He couldn’t fail the request but at the end succumbed to the pressure and delivered as they danced their hearts out.
Actor and musician, Lil Wyn, spotting his Scottish kilt skirt over a pair of trousers shook the night with three dancers whose Mapouka-like moves kept patrons on their feet as if it was the last performance on the night.
Not only were patrons amazed at his energy, but the dexterity of his partner on stage to produce a splendid combination of singing and dancing to the admiration of all.
Rapper, Sarkodie took over to do his usual scintillating rap, taking the audience along with him. Starting the night’s performance with some old tunes and climaxing with his newest song, “Can’t Let You Go”.
And then came the man of the moment, Abrantie Amakye Dede and his Apollo Hi-kings Band who for decades, have held hi-life lovers across the globe spell-bound to take the stage.
For many, it was time to show their appreciation and love for the ‘Serious ma’ as they sang along while others were left tapping their feet when Sarkodie joined the band to do a remix of the popular “Akwadaa Wesoa” track.
The Luv 99.5 FM and Nhyira 104.5 FM in collaboration with Salt Media GH and May Day Entertainment organised program was indeed an unforgettable night for residents of Kumasi and all those who travelled from far to the Garden City to take part in the concert.
- Sarkodie gets sore throat; what’s he licking?
- VIDEO: Amakye Dede saves Sarkodie’s Rapperholic concert from flopping with his legendary performance
- Rapperholic 2018: Watch Sarkodie’s triumphant stage appearance
- Don Jazzy Reacts To FAVOUR By Edem Featuring Efya And Sarkodie (Photo)
- Did Sarkodie plan with Ace Hood to strategically divert the attention of Ghanaians from Shatta Wale and Beyonce’s collabo?
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Tributes to Amakye Dede
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes