Sound, check! New venue, check! Performing Artistes, check!
Everything needed for the 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs) is set, and all artistes, music lovers and industry players also ready to gather at the Accra International Conference Center tonight for music’s biggest event.
As part of measures to ensure as many music lovers as possible join this big celebration, organizers have ‘built’ a new dome at the Conference Centre to accommodate a lot more people.
The journey towards the 20th VGMAs will be crowned tonight after more than month-long celebrations including a nominees jam, a music concert and a music seminar for musicians and artiste managers.
Organizers, Charterhouse is promising a night of entertainment fused with lots of surprises to mark the award scheme’s 20th anniversary and to also reward musicians.
Chairman General, Kwami Sefa Kayi is the main man who will be steering affairs tonight as host, with award-winning DJ Black on the turntables
Ghana’s A-list musicians are billed to perform this evening, May 18.
The likes of Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Kuami Eugene, King Promise, Diana Hamilton, Samini and a lot more A-list acts will thrill and entertain fans at the dome.
South Africa’s Cassper Nyovest and Nigeria’s Burna Boy will also represent Africa on the night as they join their Ghanaian brothers and sisters celebrate the 20th anniversary of the VGMAs.
Tickets are already sold out, and all roads lead to the Conference Centre for a night of celebration and reward.
The most sought after segment of the awards show which is the Red Carpet moment will take off at 7:30pm with hosts, Giovani Caleb and Sika Osei on the mic.
The whole event will be live on TV3 and all its social media platforms with up to the minute updates..
- VGMA 2019 Artiste of the Decade: Here are Artiste of the Year awardees for the past 10 years
- VGMA 2019 Artiste of the Year: Shatta Wale takes lead in Poll; Joe Mettle last with 2.08%
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz