Government has decided to distribute all 275 ambulances in January 2020, Minister for Special Development Initiative, Mavis Hawa Koomson has said.
The reason, she explained, is to ensure a fair distribution of the ambulances across all 275 constituencies in the country.
The first 48 ambulances, which arrived months ago are parked at the forecourt of the Parliament House in Accra.
Many, including Members of Parliament, have questioned the delay in the distribution of the ambulances which are in short supply in health centres across the country.
Currently, there are less than 100 functional ambulances operating in some parts of the country and it has forced many people to resort to the use of either commercial or private vehicles as ambulances to convey injured or sick persons to hospitals during an emergency.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The arrival of about 48 ambulances as promised by the Akufo-Addo government brought some respite to citizens but the delay in distribution is causing some panic.
However, Hon. Hawa Koomson on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Monday said there is no cause for alarm.
She explained that they are fixing tracking devices in the vehicles to ensure it is used for its intended purpose.
The Special Development Initiative added that there are arrangements with the manufacturers to also set up a maintenance and spare parts unit in Ghana to deal with mechanical faults once they occur.
She disclosed that they are expected to take delivery of 300 ambulances before the end of the year to boost the operations of the National Ambulance Service and help improve emergency healthcare in Ghana.
- Didn’t you know Ghanaians needed ambulances when you were in power? – Hawa Koomson questions NDC
- Is Hawa Koomson’s act a confirmation that the NPP is the most violent political party in Ghana?
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to cut sod on Sunday for the construction of Kumasi Film Village
- Akufo-Addo to use 2nd AFAG petition to order Domelevo to ‘step aside’ – NDC blows alarm
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- World Bank rejects government’s private audit report
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Security of Akufo-Addo, Ministers at risk – Islamic Cleric Shamuna warns
- More room for talks – Akufo-Addo on Nigeria border closure
- What’s wrong with Akufo-Addo sleeping at Russia-Africa summit – Annoh-Dompreh quizzes
- Sleeping at events not part of your promises – Akufo-Addo told