The largest opposition party the National Democratic Congress(NDC) has said President Akufo-Addo plans to order Auditor General Daniel Domelevo to step aside.
According to the NDC General Secretary Johnson Asiedu Nketia, Mr Daniel Domelevo will be made to step aside based on a petition to be submitted by Pro-NPP group the Alliance for Accountable Government (AFAG).
Mr Asiedu Nketia said “as part of elaborate and larger plot to remove” Mr Domelevo, the NDC has information that the Alliance for Accountable Governance (AFAG) and New Patriotic Party (NPP) offshoots “would in the coming days petition President Akufo-Addo for the removal of the Auditor-General, instead of the prosecution of real culprits, Mr Osafo Maafo.”
The NDC was of the opinion that Mr Domelevo’s fight to retrieve monies paid to Kroll Associates by Senior Minister Osafo Maafo is what has triggered the decision to remove him.
“President Akufo-Addo would in-turn be all too happy to act and ask the Auditor-General to step aside. That is the plot ahead of us unless we speak, the object is to release pressure on Osafo Maafo and prevent Domelevo from doing further work on the Kroll and Associates and surcharge Mr Osafo Maafo” Asiedu Nketia added.
So far, major civil society groups in Ghana have backed the work of the Auditor-General.
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to cut sod on Sunday for the construction of Kumasi Film Village
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- ‘Akufo-Addo’s ambulances’ to be distributed in 2020
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- World Bank rejects government’s private audit report
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Security of Akufo-Addo, Ministers at risk – Islamic Cleric Shamuna warns
- More room for talks – Akufo-Addo on Nigeria border closure
- What’s wrong with Akufo-Addo sleeping at Russia-Africa summit – Annoh-Dompreh quizzes
- Sleeping at events not part of your promises – Akufo-Addo told
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS
- NPP man cries uncontrollably over betrayal by Nana Addo, others