Government has secured land to build a National Film and Arts Village in the Ashanti region and President Akufo-Addo is expected to cut sod for the commencement of the project on Sunday, December 1, on a parcel of land that used to situate the defunct Peters Educational Complex MyNewsGh.com reports.
The facility would be based in the Kwadaso Municipality, contrary to earlier claims that it would be built in the President’s hometown of Kyebi in the Eastern region.
The buildings of the once prestigious private school in Kumasi have been pulled down, giving away an expanse of land, big enough to for a novelty project.
It is unclear under what arrangement the land was acquired, but there were no vestiges of the private school it used to host when MyNewsGh.com reporters visited the site.
It would be welcome news for the creative arts fraternity if the vision becomes material.
In July this year scores of actors and actresses from the Ashanti region, led by Nana Ama McBrown petitioned Parliament to ensure the Film Village was built in Kumasi and not Kyebi as it had been rumoured then.
Majority Leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu who received the petition on behalf of the Speaker assured the petitioners that their concerns would be forwarded to the appropriate quarters.
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to use 2nd AFAG petition to order Domelevo to ‘step aside’ – NDC blows alarm
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- ‘Akufo-Addo’s ambulances’ to be distributed in 2020
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- World Bank rejects government’s private audit report
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Security of Akufo-Addo, Ministers at risk – Islamic Cleric Shamuna warns
- More room for talks – Akufo-Addo on Nigeria border closure
- What’s wrong with Akufo-Addo sleeping at Russia-Africa summit – Annoh-Dompreh quizzes
- Sleeping at events not part of your promises – Akufo-Addo told
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS
- NPP man cries uncontrollably over betrayal by Nana Addo, others