A video has emerged of the president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, in a sleeping posture during the maiden Russia-Africa Summit held in Sochi, Russia.
In the video, President Akufo-Addo can be seen comfortably sitting amongst other dignitaries with his eyes closed and seemingly enjoying his nap.
Also, in one of the photos from the Russia-Africa Summit which has since gone viral, the first gentleman of Ghana was spotted standing along with several other Heads of State with his head slightly facing downwards and his eyes shut. Some are of the view that he might have fallen asleep.
President Akufo-Addo has been caught off guard on several occasions napping at very important social functions.
Going down memory lane, some of the very few places he’s been accused of napping at are the Chief Imam’s birthday ceremony in 2018, a visit to a church for thanksgiving after he was elected president, amongst many others.
While some Ghanaians believe his sleeping habit is as a result of old age, others link it to his busy work schedule.
Not long ago, reports of a man who seemed to bear an acute resemblance to President Akufo-Addo was spotted sleeping, but the NPP, the incumbent party vehemently denied it calling it a fake photo of the president.
President Akufo-Addo is expected to hold bilateral meetings with the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, and hold meetings with CEOs of some Russian enterprises.
The two-day conference, under the theme “For Peace, Security and Development,” seeks to deepen ties of friendship between Russia and Africa, as well as explore other areas of co-operation which will benefit both participating nations. Akufo-Addo sleeps at Russia Africa Summit 2019?
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to cut sod on Sunday for the construction of Kumasi Film Village
- Akufo-Addo to use 2nd AFAG petition to order Domelevo to ‘step aside’ – NDC blows alarm
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- ‘Akufo-Addo’s ambulances’ to be distributed in 2020
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- World Bank rejects government’s private audit report
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Security of Akufo-Addo, Ministers at risk – Islamic Cleric Shamuna warns
- More room for talks – Akufo-Addo on Nigeria border closure
- What’s wrong with Akufo-Addo sleeping at Russia-Africa summit – Annoh-Dompreh quizzes
- Sleeping at events not part of your promises – Akufo-Addo told
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS