Where is our president? I mean the hardworking Nana Addo Danquah Akufo Addo? Why have we not heard any “fellow Ghanaians” in a while now?
It has been seven days since the Minister for Information Hon. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah released the ambiguous press statement to Ghanaians. In his press release, he said, “President Nana Akufo-Addo will today begin a 14-day precautionary self-isolation measure in compliance with COVID-19 protocols”. “This is because a member of his close circle tested positive for the novel coronavirus.”
This statement is self-contradictory, and the minister failed to tell Ghanaians the truth about the President’s condition. World Health Organization, the body that is responsible for defining the Coronavirus protocols, has stated clearly that we only isolate people who have tested positive for a disease and quarantine those who have tested negative but are waiting for further test to confirm their status. So the Minister’s statement created the impression that the president had Coronavirus and was going in isolation for treatment.
As to why he added that the president even though has tested negative but has elected to go into “ISOLATION”, only Kojo Oppong Nkrumah can explain.
Two days after he self-isolated himself, a reputable newspaper, The Herald Newspaper, published that the president has been flown to the United Kingdom for COVID-19 treatment. The presidency was very swift to issue a disclaimer that it wasn’t true. In their attempt to justify their statement, they attached an old photo to the statement where the president was with his family. There is another audio circulating on various media platforms alleging that the president is currently in Kenya receiving treatment for coronavirus. Where is our president?
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Now to all those who believed that statement have you asked yourself these questions:
1. Was the president and all his family exposed to the person who tested positive for Coronavirus in his close circle?
2. Do we visit and have dinner with people in isolation?
3. If the president was going into isolation with the first lady, why were Ghanaians not informed?
4. Why were they not wearing facemask or at least having a hand sanitizer on the table if the picture was taken in COVID-19 era?
These are the critical questions we have to ask and demand answers from the presidency. He is the first gentleman of the land and the lead fighter of the pandemic. All matters about Coronavirus that bothers him bothers Ghanaians too. He has to help fight the stigma associated with the virus by coming out clear about his status.
The minister for health missed that fine opportunity when he sadly got the virus. He nicodemusly went into isolation without anyone knowing where he was. It has to take the president to announce his status to Ghanaians. They should learn from how the UK’s prime Minister Borris Johnson publicly declared his status and kept the nation updated throughout his treatment process. That is how leaders do.
In the press statement issued by Hon. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, he said the president would be working from the Jubilee House. Can they tell us how exactly he has been doing after he went into isolation? The work of the president must not and cannot be done under secrecy. Not receiving any updates from the President who is not sick, and just distancing himself, casts doubts if he has not tested positive and receiving treatment as many are speculating.
Until they clear the air about his status, there will be rumours surrounding his health and condition in the country which does not help the fight against Coronavirus.
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- Akufo-Addo’s cabinet members go missing; sparks rumours of widespread of COVID-19 in the Jubilee House
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- 4 times Nana Addo proved to be a listening President
- Funny things that Akufo-Addo would be forever remembered for
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law
- Would Akufo-Addo contest again in 2024 should he lose this year’s elections?
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Why is the President cutting sods for new projects? What if the NDC wins the 2020 elections?
- How NPP has strategically secured over 2 million votes ahead of 2020 elections
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- How corruption has dented Akufo-Addo’s high-earned reputation as a listening President
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- Who is telling lies; The President, Health Minister or Afia Pokua?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Young Ghanaians Who Have Died of Coronavirus
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian politicians who have been to prison
- Seven NPP scandals that make John Mahama an angel with Airbus scandal
- KNUST Coronavirus Test Kit: Was it a hoax?
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Notable Ghanaians who have died of coronavirus
- Should Castro return today, these 4 things would be his biggest surprises
- NPP members who have died of coronavirus