Actress Rosemond Brown popularly known as Akuapem Poloo has been sentenced to 90 days in prison by the Circuit Court in Accra.
She was sentenced to 90 days on each count but the court said, the sentence must run concurrently.
This means she will only serve 90 days jail term which is three months.
The Court presided over by Her Honour Mrs Christiana Cann, said such cases in becoming prevalent in society and Institutions including the court must act.
The court said it took into consideration all the plea for mitigation before arriving at the decision.
EIB Network’s Court Correspondent Murtala Inusah reports that Akuapem Poloo who was sobbing all day broke down in tears in the courtroom.
Prior to her sentencing, the court said, the results of her pregnancy test was negative.
Akuapem Poloo was on last Wednesday convicted on her own plea by the Circuit Court in Accra after pleading guilty to charges.
She was slapped with three charges including publication of nude materials with her seven-year-old son which she pleaded not guilty when she was first arraigned but changed her plea on Wednesday.
The court presided over by Her Honour Christina court deferred her sentencing to today, April 16, 2021 for her to undergo a pregnancy test to ensure she was not pregnant before her sentencing is passed.
The pregnancy test ordered by the court is a requirement by law to ensure that, before a woman who pleaded guilty in court is sentenced, the should know her status.
She was therefore remanded into custody for the prosecution to take her to any Government hospital to conduct the preganacy test and produce the results today.
Brief facts of the case presented to the court by the prosecution led by Chief Inspector Agartha Asantewaa were that the complainant is Bright K. Appiah, the Director of Child Rights International Ghana.
According to the prosecution, on June 30, 2020, the accused person celebrated her son’s seventh birthday and she took her nude pictures together with her son who was also half-naked and posted same on her Instagram page which went viral on social media.
She told the court that, the pictures attracted comments, adding that the behaviour of the accused person was likely to detract from the dignity of her seven-year-old son among others.
Chief Inspt. Agartha told the court that the complainant petitioned the Director-General Criminal Investigations Directorate and the matter was referred to the Domestic Violence and Victims Support Unit.
Akuapem Poloo, she said was arrested and in her caution statement, admitted posting the nude picture with her son unintentionally.
But, the prosecution held that Rosemond had deliberately posted the nude picture together with her son.
- Afia Schwarzenegger finally reveals why she is unperturbed about Akuapem Poloo’s sentence
- Akuapem Poloo’s son to get GH¢2,000 remittance each month from two generous people
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians
- Reggie Rockstone in tears after Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Akuapem Poloo sentencing: Photo of Afia Schwarzenegger kissing her son on the lip surfaces
- Akuapem Poloo refused to take my advice – ‘Big Sister’ Afia Schwar swears
- Akuapem Poloo’s sentence was too harsh – Gasmilla
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians (VIDEO)
- Sammy Gyamfi begs president Akufo-Addo to pardon Akuapem Poloo
- ‘I’ll pass this test; I’m strong’ – Akuapem Poloo
- Lawyer Sandra Ankobiah speaks about Akuapem Poloo’s 3 months jail term
- Here Are Photos Of Akuapem Poloo Being Whisked Into A Taxi After She Was Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison
- Leila Djansi Says Ghana Is A Stup!d Hypocritical Country For Jailing Akuapem Poloo Over Her N*de Photo
- Criss Waddle Begs President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo
- Sammy Gyamfi Calls On President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo – Says Her Sentence Is Too Harsh
- “We Really Need Sentencing Reforms In This Country” – Slay Queen Lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s 90 Days Imprisonment
- Akuapem Poloo to spend son’s next birthday in prison
- Watch The Video Of How Akuapem Poloo Was Whisked Into A Car To Serve Her Jail Term
- DKB reveals Akuapem Poloo’s current state behind bars
- Reggie Rockstone ‘attacks’ Serwaa Amihere for sharing opinion on Akuapem Poloo’s case
- VIDEO: Akuapem Poloo Speaks After She Was Handed A 90 Day Jail Sentence For Posting A N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- Social media reacts to Akuapem Poloo’s 90-day jail term
- Akuapem Poloo’s pregnancy test came out negative
- Aisha Huang did more damage than Akuapem Poloo – Franklin Cudjoe
- Bloggers’ Forum: Akuapem Poloo’s conviction spark outrage
- BREAKING NEWS: Akuapem Poloo Jailed 90 Days For Posting Her N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- VIDEO: Showboy Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s Impending Sentence From His Prison In The United States
- Shut up! You’re hurting Akuapem Poloo with your campaign – Nana Yaw Wiredu to A-Plus
- VIDEO: Current State Of Sorrowful Akuapem Poloo In Police Custody Revealed
- Akuapem Poloo To Be Sentenced Today! Will She Be Thrown Into Jail Or Fined For Being Foolish?